The Art People Message Board › Art Exhibition

Art Exhibition

Gopa
user 4868155
Group Organizer
Northville, MI
Hi everyone!
I am very excited to announce that we will be hosting our very own Art Exhibition!! The owner of Vitosha Guest Haus Inn has graciously offered to host the art exhibition at her Inn. She will let us have the space for the weekend. We have booked it for the 20th October weekend. (set up on Thursday and clearing up on Sunday)

There is a lot to figure out in terms of what events we should plan for that weekend, how the art work is displayed, how we organize food, how we promote the event, etc etc.

Any ideas/suggestions you have are very welcome. A few of us will be getting together to figure out the details. I will keep you posted with any details as soon as I can.
In the meantime I would like to invite you to submit pieces for the exhibit. The space is quite large and I hope we can display all that you submit. In case we cannot, we will limit the number per person. Please send me images with size and medium information. Also all pieces need to be framed. If they are not, please give some thought on how they could be displayed. If you would like to talk to me, feel free to email me with any questions. The dead line for submissions is the 20th of Sep.
The Inn is a beautiful, historic building and we cannot hang displays off the walls or the ceiling. There is a ledge along the window which could be used for smaller/lighter pieces. I will post some pictures of the hall if you want to get an idea of the space. Screens, easels, chairs could all be used for displaying.
If anyone wanted to volunteer in the setting up and display it would be greatly appreciated! Looking forward to hearing from you! And thanks in advance..:)

Gopa