addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Austin Doctor Who Meetup Message Board › Who can host a classic episodes night?

Who can host a classic episodes night?

Johann
JohannTX
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
Hello fellow Whovians!

Well, it looks like at least ten people have said they like the idea of meeting up to watch some classic episodes. The only catch is that my house is currently in no shape to host such an event. I'd be willing to supply the DVD's if somebody else might volunteer to host at their home. Is anybody game?

Jeff
Shellie
user 9710970
Austin, TX
Post #: 11
My husband and I might be game, but it would be a ways out before we could. Like in a month, maybe a month and a half.

I know there was some discussion a while back about private homes vs. public spots. I've looked a little more into the library meeting rooms and they seem like a pretty decent solution (food is allowed, though there are some restrictions) so long as we have some way of getting a tv and DVD player set up. I'll check out their AV resources and see if that wouldn't be a decent solution to getting things up and going.
Holly S.
HollyCSwift
Austin, TX
Post #: 11
Brian and I could host a night. A Saturday night would be best. We live in South Austin. We own a lot of classic Who.
Johann
JohannTX
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Post #: 2
That would be wonderful Holly. Would you please?

Jeff
mary jane k.
m_kelbell
Austin, TX
Post #: 9
Thanks Jeff, thats very generous of you to host a meeting.

Could we possible watch one Classic Dr Who - no more than 4 episodes (about1:45), then
watch one from the new series. I like both so much, but some new fans have trouble
getting into the old series (its slower paced, and not filmed with all the fancy intercuts and stuff
we're all used to on todays TV).

Just as long as we don't watch Blink or Rose again - great shows but I've seen them both about
6 times now LOL!!!

-- maryjane

PS. I am referring everyone from the Yahoo TV Groups Dr Who club and facebook austindrwho
to this page. I set up meetings for about 3 years for a group of 10-12, but am ready for someone
else to organize things.
Holly S.
HollyCSwift
Austin, TX
Post #: 12
How about Saturday, August 21st at 7:30 pm? We live near 1st and Stassney. I notice the Joss Whedon group has a meetup at 2pm on Saturday, so I want to give time for people to do that as well if they are in both. #10, 1L, and 1M (as well as the buses that go up and down Stassney and William Canon) are bus stops within walking distance to our house. Parking is legal on both sides of our street, though sometimes it can be crowded. For those who might be allergic, I am informing you that we own 5 cats. I would be happy to make a green curry with chicken for dinner.
Johann
JohannTX
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Post #: 3
I'm free that night. Sounds great.
Shellie
user 9710970
Austin, TX
Post #: 12
Holly, do you want this sent out as an official meetup event?

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to this discussion. We just moved and are having a difficult time convincing any of the internet providers that our house exists so we're at the mercy of free wi-fi.
Holly S.
HollyCSwift
Austin, TX
Post #: 13
Yes, I would like to do this as an official meetup. Saturday, the 21st at the Swift house. Should I post the address here or can we have it set up to give out the address only to people who RSVP yes?