Karen W.
user 11252621
Austin, TX
Post #: 8
Just wanted you all to know I got Slim groomed today at Barking Bubble and he looks great. It is located at Slaughter and Manchaca (center where HEB is). Price was just under $50. I tipped her well cuz, from working at Exmoor Pet Care, I know what groomers go through and she earned it. Pam is only one there so I recommend you try her and call a couple of weeks in advance. Mary Chipley, Shadow's mommy, recommended her to me. Slim was trying to jump on her right away just like all "good" dogs do, so I knew he liked her! She is very sweet and kind.

Hope to see all of you soon. (My pool is getting ready for Poodle Doodles)

Karen
Mary C.
user 7715399
Austin, TX
Post #: 2
Karen,

I'm so glad that Slim had such a wonderful experience with Pam at the Barking Bubble. My Poodas and I have used her for longer than I want to think about. My Poosa love her and I love the way she handles them. They always look great when they come home -- and are so deeply proud of their good looks.
Geri
weazel
Round Rock, TX
Post #: 4
Does anybody have a recommendation for a groomer more North? Also, does anybody groom their poodle themselves? I would love to learn (as I have more time than money) and I was just wondering if any of you do that. I am in touch with a groomer who says she will teach me but also says most owners decide it is more work than they imagined! I would love any feedback. Thanks!
Marc Maddox S.
user 11935686
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Post #: 3
Groomingdales on North Lamar is pretty good. I send Watson there...
Geri
weazel
Round Rock, TX
Post #: 5
I took Gena to Posh Paws Grooming today. Sarah gave me grooming lessons and did an awesome job. She is in Shady Hollow (South) and grooms in her home. Look how great Gena looks now - (especially for a dog adopted as a stray a month ago). I have made her new photo my profile photo.

Kathleen G.
user 40220562
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
I discovered Barking Bubble is closed. Most places around me do small dogs or want to do a different cut.
I just want a basic kennel type with ears and tail hair left long AND a place The Girls want to go. [g]
Any suggestions?
Thank you
Katleen
Annie C.
cranedragon
Austin, TX
Post #: 13
I recently took my poodle to Luther's Grooming on Burnet Rd [Allandale area] and I think he's good, but pricey. Luther is a true Austin character and his shop is a time capsule of Coca Cola memorabilia. It's a trip! Previously the girls went to PetSmart [adjacent to the Hill Country Galleria in Bee Cave] and they were good, as well, and a lot cheaper.
jrskylark
user 6061621
Round Rock, TX
For groomers in the north, we recently tried Best Dressed Dog near 183 & Anderson Mill. Jasmine looked fantastic and had a good time. Our vet takes her poodles there. We've also used Lucky Dog Grooming in the same area for our other dogs with great results. I just thought Jas would be more comfortable with a female groomer (Best Dressed) because she's still a bit shy with new men.

Julie Skylark-Langton
Kathleen G.
user 40220562
Austin, TX
Thank you very much. Will check them out. [g]
Mary C.
user 7715399
Austin, TX
Post #: 4
Barking Bubble sold to a new owner. I forget what Sherry calls it. It is (was) in the same place. Better be. Shadow has an appointment on Tuesday. I'm not as happy with it as I was when it was Barking Bubble. I really like the new owner -- not the problem. The problem, for me, is that the groomers are artists and I just want a barber to shave my fur-baby down. We don't do pretty; we do practical. Mary and MyShadow.