addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Austin Area Standard Poodle Meetup Group Message Board › Are there other members in the Round Rock area?

Are there other members in the Round Rock area?

Geri
weazel
Round Rock, TX
Post #: 1
Hello

We just adopted our standard poodle and we are looking forward to exploring all the nice area dog parks. We were just wondering if any other poodle owners live in or near Round Rock. If so, we could do a meetup there. The park is average - so folks probably do not want to travel a long way to meet there but if you are in the area - it would be fun.

Geri with Genevieve

(I need to post a photo)
Rita P.
ritapercival
Austin, TX
Hello

We just adopted our standard poodle and we are looking forward to exploring all the nice area dog parks. We were just wondering if any other poodle owners live in or near Round Rock. If so, we could do a meetup there. The park is average - so folks probably do not want to travel a long way to meet there but if you are in the area - it would be fun.

Geri with Genevieve

(I need to post a photo)

Rita P.
ritapercival
Austin, TX
Post #: 2
Hi Geri.

Marcella and I live in north Austin. She's a two year plus rescue who has been with me six weeks now. While she is getting the obedience training down, I'm still hesitant to let her off leash outside a fenced-in area.

We recently went to the Georgetown Bark Park...six acres fenced with lots of squirrels to keep the dogs racing around and lots of big pecan trees for shade. They also have agility equipment.

Though it is some 30 miles north of Austin, it might be worth it for an hour or two. We could try a meetup there. What do you think?

Rita
Geri
weazel
Round Rock, TX
Post #: 2
Georgetown Bark Park sounds really nice. We would love to meet there. We are available nearly any time. What time is good for you?
Rita P.
ritapercival
Austin, TX
Post #: 3
Since I'm retired, usually Marcella and I can meet anytime.

What about the Georgetown Bark Park this coming Friday morning, 24 June at 9 a.m. for an hour or so?

Can anyone else in the Austin Area Standard Poodle Meetup Group join us there?

Check it out at http://www.dogster.co...­ or http://www.yelp.com/b...­

Rita
A former member
We live in Round Rock and Jasmine loves the G'town Bark Park or the new dog park in Cedar Park that's part of the new Veteran's Memorial Park. G'town is enormous, beautiful & shaded; Cedar Park has a large pond w/filtered water for doggie's swimming pleasure. There are no trees at CP, but it catches excellent breezes--great on these hot days. We've had bad experiences at the Round Rock Dog Depot and just don't go there anymore even though it's very convenient.

We'll aim to meet you on Friday!

Julie (human) and Jasmine (poodle)
Geri
weazel
Round Rock, TX
I took Genevieve to the vet today for sneezing and the vet said she thought Genevieve may have caught a respiratory infection from the shelter. She gave her antibiotics and said to keep her away from other dogs for a couple weeks so she does not infect others.

So - no dog park for Genevieve for awhile. Maybe the kids and I will come to meet you on Friday though without Genevieve. The kids always enjoy dog parks and have been going without a dog for a long time.

Thanks for the tip on the Cedar Park dog park too - it sounds nice.

Geri
A former member
Hey Geri,

We are in Killeen, would you like to set up an early morning play date? We would love to find a playmate closer to us.

Mindy