A former member
Post #: 17
Hi there you all. I have been talking to people on the poodle fourm, and we would like to set up a poodle weekend. I am thinking that Austin has so much to do, and has many pet friendly places. I was thinking sometime between Thanksgiving and New Years. My hope was maybe the include a tour of the lights on 34. Does this sound like something that any of you might be interested in helping me host, or offering up some fun ideas? My thought was make it a short weekend, maybe a small mixer Friday night, and then a big day Saturday, and perhaps a brunch on Sunday? Or is that too much? Any thoughts or ideas?
Kathleen G.
user 40220562
Austin, TX
Post #: 15
Nice idea.
Suggest the short weekend be limited to one day. It is a busy time and three days is a lot.
One overnight would be plenty.
If light tour, make sure dogs are allowed. Went to another holiday light display. They made dogs and poodles stay in cars or outside the event stating poor night vision was a problem.
My two cents.
k
A former member
Post #: 20
Not sure about this.... but wanted to throw this out and see if you all might want to do this. Brenham has a parade on Nov. 30th at 6 pm. If we can get a large enough group would you all like to see about being in the parade? Nov. 30th is a Friday, and is the week after Thanksgiving.... Please let me know :)