The Austin Area Standard Poodle Meetup Group Message Board › today's meetup on 10/21

today's meetup on 10/21

Karen W.
user 11252621
Austin, TX
Post #: 40
As a group we got seperated, which was not as good as our norm. All the poodles didn't get to be together...we in the future need to be together for our precious poodles. Mindy got totally seperated and when talked to her she not only was alone but Remington and her were bitten by another dog. They are okay but she did drive in from Killeen for this meetup which is FAR to join us. In the future, I propose to stick together as a group because that's the whole purpose for the poodles to play. Just my opinion. We were also warned before the walk about another encounter with 2 tan dogs by the Lady that oversees the park and after Mindy's experience I suggest even stronger to stay together. A good walk but disappointed Slim, Frieda, Pesch sp? and Remington didn't get to play with all poodles...Til next time...karen
A former member
Post #: 22
Thanks Karen... Better luck in playing next time. We really do enjoy the time that we get to spend with other poodles and their owners. If you walk this park normally, be careful, as Karen said we were bitten, poor Remi peed all over himself.

Perhaps let's try another place. I don't mind driving, as long as Remington gets some play time with his poodle friends.
Paula W.
user 14547453
Austin, TX
Post #: 3
Between young dogs and young kid we had a lot of runners. I'm sorry the group was separated. If we come again, we might plan to do a lap ahead time.
-Paula
Karen W.
user 11252621
Austin, TX
Post #: 41
I totally get that and understand...Everything is fine and hopefully next time all will be well like in the past. I personally am ready to switch parks for a while...I would like to suggest Marbridge in the near future. We have been there before and was awesome seeing all the people and their interaction with the poodles! Very fun for them! Mindy even suggested that and we just were talking about that on Sunday...