addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Save this Meetup!

This Meetup no longer has an Organizer.
Without an Organizer, it will disappear from our website in 11 day(s).

You can join this Meetup and become the Organizer.

The Austin Area Standard Poodle Meetup Group Message Board › looking to adopt a new friend for Miss Pearl

looking to adopt a new friend for Miss Pearl

A former member
Post #: 3
Hi Everyone!

My name is MC and I'm a grad student at St. Ed's who lives downtown (right across from Zilker and near 3 other doggie parks)

I currently have the most incredible, perfect, wonderful standard poodle on the planet (Pearl) and have been looking for another female standard pal for her to play with and go on walks with. Pearl, who is a rescue, will tell you that I spoil her way too much- but I don't even think that is possible:) I'd really love to find a standard who is a rescue or whose family can't care for her anymore. Could everyone please keep their eyes and ears out for our next family member?

Thank you all so much!

MC and Pearl
Karen W.
user 11252621
Austin, TX
Post #: 45
Hi this is Karen Williams go to our

message board and there is a message right below yours...i applied but withdrew my application on JAZZY 5 yr old beautiful. I think they may have a family in mind for JAZZY but it's a shot. I decided as much as I wanted her that I needed to concentrate on my SLIM and little poodle LUKE...instead of getting another one at this time and have a hospice mixed breed also. But if you get her, I HAVE TO MEET HER WITH SLIM! Also, don't forget - I adopted from Austin Humane Society 5 years ago and he is the MOST wonderful dog ever! He LOOKED HORRIBLE along with his brother but under that matted, filthy hair was a "Gem"

Kathleen G.
user 40220562
Austin, TX
Post #: 16
Will let you know if I hear of a Standard, but....someone sent me a link yesterday for a Standard mix, male in Graham, TX.
I fell in love with with his pictures and profile, but two is my limit. Let me know if you, or anyone else would like that link.
Kathleen
Annie C.
cranedragon
Austin, TX
Post #: 25
I'm also going to be looking for a new poodle. We just lost our girl, Amalthea, to an aggressive lymphoma [note -- it wasn't a merry Christmas here....sad], and will be looking around for a young [but not puppy] standard in the next couple of months. We've loved all of our poodles [3 so far] and will be ready to welcome another in the spring, after we get past the present loss. Although Amalthea was senior and too much of a loner to enjoy the group outings, I hope that a younger dog would like the standard group that we have here in Austin.

A new year, new beginnings.

If anyone hears of a teenager or young adult, on the small side [it was such a relief when Amalthea was sick to be able to pick her up, not have to yank her around] please keep us in mind.

Annie