addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Save this Meetup!

This Meetup no longer has an Organizer.
Without an Organizer, it will disappear from our website in 7 day(s).

You can join this Meetup and become the Organizer.

The Austin Area Standard Poodle Meetup Group Message Board › Older Standard Poodle looking for a new home...

Older Standard Poodle looking for a new home...

Marc Maddox S.
user 11935686
Austin, TX
Post #: 4
Hi All.

This pulled at my heart so I thought I would repost--don't know if anyone saw the email:

If interested or know someone who is, please contact me at selmun63@yahoo.com & I can send pics & put you in touch w/ poodle sanctuary trying to help this family place him

-----Original Message-----
To: poodlerescuent <poodlerescuent@aol.com>
Sent: Mon, Mar 4, 2013 11:27 pm
Subject: Rescue Need

I have a standard poodle that is 10 years old and I need to get him a new home. I've had him since he was 10 weeks old, and he has never been a fan of the 2 children born since he came to the family.
For years he growled when they were near, but would walk away after growling. The last few months he has taken to barking, and he bit my son this afternoon.
He snapped at him a few months ago as well, so I'm looking at a dog I adore but that can't be around my kids.
If the rescue can take him in, he would be wonderful for someone without small children. Otherwise if you have advice for how I can find him a place to live, or any other advice I'll appreciate it.
Thank you,

-Joe Disharoon
Karen W.
user 11252621
Austin, TX
Post #: 66
Mary and I both saw e-mail...she has inquired for more information...I would like to know more info also because I MIGHT consider but am afraid of a "child" issue. I babysit 4 and 1 year old grandkids and Slim is wonderful with them. Let us know if anyone gets anymore information. Karen and Slim
Kathleen G.
user 40220562
Austin, TX
Post #: 23
If at all possible, I recommend calling The Canine Center for Training and Behavior at 512 721 8496.
They use positive training methods and are hugely successful at retraining with very few exceptions.
Kathleen
P.S. Rachel and Lacy say they would give them two thumbs up, if they had thumbs.
For now, just circle wags.
Annie C.
cranedragon
Austin, TX
Post #: 28
I hope this all works out well for this guy. I would put myself in the queue after losing my poodle girl in December, but I'm holding off on a new dog until my spring travel schedule is finished and I can stay home and really get to know a new dog.wink

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi All.

This pulled at my heart so I thought I would repost--don't know if anyone saw the email:

If interested or know someone who is, please contact me at selmun63@yahoo.com & I can send pics & put you in touch w/ poodle sanctuary trying to help this family place him

-----Original Message-----
To: poodlerescuent <poodlerescuent@aol.com>
Sent: Mon, Mar 4, 2013 11:27 pm
Subject: Rescue Need

I have a standard poodle that is 10 years old and I need to get him a new home. I've had him since he was 10 weeks old, and he has never been a fan of the 2 children born since he came to the family.
For years he growled when they were near, but would walk away after growling. The last few months he has taken to barking, and he bit my son this afternoon.
He snapped at him a few months ago as well, so I'm looking at a dog I adore but that can't be around my kids.
If the rescue can take him in, he would be wonderful for someone without small children. Otherwise if you have advice for how I can find him a place to live, or any other advice I'll appreciate it.
Thank you,

-Joe Disharoon

Oh wow...poor dog and family. Seems like there would be a poodle intervention or training to turn that behavior around so the dog would not bite anymore. That is so sad. I hope the dog finds a good home.