The Baltimore Vegan Meetup Group Message Board › About EarthSave Baltimore

About EarthSave Baltimore

Don R.
earthsaverdon
Group Organizer
Lutherville Timonium, MD
Post #: 1
EarthSave was started by John Robbins, author of "Diet for a New America" in 1989, and I started the Baltimore chapter in '97.

The Baltimore chapter is entirely operated by volunteers. Our mission is to help people make healthier, compassionate, Earth-friendly food choices by promoting a shift toward a plant-centered diet.

We have a monthly vegan dinner/lecture series with great food and speakers, and awards for the most popular dishes. We also have a library for members, and a well-stocked bookstore that is open at most events.

Our group is expanding and we have found a terrific location for our dinner/lecture series. We meet in a big, beautiful room - the Learning Center/Yoga studio at Your Prescription for Health at 10210 S. Dolfield Rd, just off Painters Mills Rd. in Owings Mills, MD. Those meetings often attract 40 or more people.

Guests are asked to bring a dish to share, one that's made without animal products, that will serve 6 people or more, and to make a donation of $5. Or with 2 days notice, they may choose to pay $12 and enjoy dinner without bringing a dish. Earthsave members are asked to donate $2 when bringing a dish and $10 when not.

You can get all the details and updates on veg related news and events around Baltimore by subscribing to our free monthly e-news. Please contact me (I'm Don, the Baltimore Veg Meetup organizer) if you'd like more info, would like to volunteer, or to subscribe to the e-newsletter. And please check out our website at www.baltimore.earthsave.org. Be well!

Peace, Don