addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Bay Area Clojure User Group Message Board › San Francisco meetups for Bay Area Clojure User Group

San Francisco meetups for Bay Area Clojure User Group

Sean A C.
seancorfield
Castro Valley, CA
You may have noticed that I've already set the location for the November and January meetups as San Francisco (Weatherbill). The only reason I haven't set that location for December is that's currently on schedule to be a Mountain View meeting.

We've been talking about meeting every month in San Francisco but also still meeting in Mountain View (perhaps every other month, as we've been doing, or perhaps less often - it will depend mostly on Amit). Before setting the location for December (and February and May and...), I wanted to see how many folks are likely to attend both SF and MV meetups:

If enough people want to attend both locations, we need to have them on different dates so we have two choices:

• Keep SF on the first Thursday of every month (and pick another date for the MV meetups)
  • Keep the current schedule, alternating locations on the first Thursday of every month (and pick another date for the "in between" SF meetups)

My experience, based on meetups I've run in the past and meetups I attend, is that folks like a fixed schedule so we'd be better off with the first option: first Thursday of every month for SF and pick another fixed schedule for MV.

I'll create a poll for the group on this topic but feel free to reply with your thoughts / concerns as well.