The Black Doll Affair New York & New Jersey Message Board › How To Get Involved with The Black Doll Affair!

How To Get Involved with The Black Doll Affair!

The Black Doll Aff...
user 9218570
Group Organizer
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 25

Hello, B'huetiful! : If you've joined this Meetup, you're probably wondering how things work! Well, this is how: The Black Doll Affair Movement at Meetup is special and unlike any other Meetup groups. That's the first thing to understand. With that understanding, let me explain how we roll!

BDA local Meetup's are used as Doll pickup stations to our national movement, Affairs are not booked in these Meetups, that's why things seem a bit quiet on the set... Black Doll Affairs are scheduled at: blackdollaffair.com BKA: "Black Doll Affair world headquarters," "Mama's Dollhouse" or simply "Home." Blackdollaffair.com is not only home, where the heart is, but it's also where all Dolls, regardless of the BDA city and state in which they reside, RSVP for Black Doll Affairs and bond with their sister Dolls living around the world. Why not schedule Black Doll Affairs in individual city/state Meetup dollhouses? Well, it's my way of ensuring that regardless of how large our family expands, hue come home to Mama's! As with life, hue Doll babies have your own dollhouses, but it's home with Mama, that you return to the family, and grow as one. The family that plays together stays together!"

1. The Black Doll Affair Movement comes to life in our Black Doll Affair Headquarters at Meetup. Yes, it has an Atlanta address on the homepage. That's because the Meetup.com system makes one post a zip code when creating a Meetup Group. Hopefully, one day, Meetup will take Facebook's lead and see that social movement Meetups like ours have broader needs and nix the antiquated system of an address / zip code on the world wide web. For now, that's why it reads Atlanta. So, don't let the address stop you from clicking the JOIN US button. Yes, you do have to sign up to join / board the headquarters movement, RSVP for online and offline Black Doll Affairs, click on certain links for access and engage with your dolling sisters hue happen to reside around the globe. Again, you can reach our headquarters Meetup by logging onto: blackdollaffair.com­ or meetup.com/theblackdollaffair­

2. Joining: In our Meetup headquarters at blackdollaffair.com, one can join for free as a Community Doll that participates in ONLINE Black Doll Affairs only. See an example of one of our b'huetiful online Affairs here­. OR you can buy one of our T-shirts and become a Black Doll that goes offline and into the community to represent as a Black Doll of The Black Doll Affair. What? You thought we had a magic wand that turns Community Dolls into Black Dolls? No. We do not. What we have is a store at blackdollaffairstore.com - where Dolls can pick up a Tee shirt that reads: Black Doll.

One of the unofficial slogans the Black Dolls love to use often in this movement near and dear to their hearts is, "Black Doll for life." And as cool as that is for me to hear, make no mistake, I'm not trying to sell you a T shirt. If you want to be a Community Doll for life, I can dig it! We love our Community Dolls as much as we love our Black Dolls. Both Dolls are integral parts of moving the movement. The only difference is one moves this love train online via the world wide web and the other offline in the whole wide world! love struck

3. Here's the EASIEST way to understand our Meetup that is unlike any other, think of becoming a Doll as going on a b'huetiful trip/journey with The Black Doll Affair Movement. Figuratively speaking, to get your "ticket to ride," sign up here in your local BDA pickup train station Meetup. Then, board another train to blackdollaffair.com­ - the b'huetiful lil movement called The Black Doll Affair. The same b'huetiful movement recognized by President Obama, Essence Magazine Online, The Tom Joyner Morning Show, Mattel, Inc, The Dove Campaign for Real Beauty, The Microsoft Company and, recently, Macy's, Inc. With your Black & Porcelain sisters, let the Black Doll Affair journey begin! In the words of the O'Jays, "Don't you know that it's time to get on board! And let this train keep on riding on through. If you miss it, I feel sorry for you!"

All aboard!
Dana Hill