addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Post #: 218
Bob, Hester already had a longsword before buying anything. When I looked at the sheets tonight, I did not see it there, although, I did see the 2 other swords. If you did remove it, then would you please give it back?

Bullshit.
Frankly though, this is beyond the pale.

No. The copy that you gave me showed Hester with a longsword, and Hester had an additional 100 to spend.

I'm not going to be spoken down to. I will not participate in Bob's group anymore. If there is no more room in Dave's group or anybody else's, then I won't play at all.

[edit: my bad; he had 10 GP; I'm still not playing with Bob, though]
Tim B.
user 13832560
New Westminster, BC
Post #: 15
Hey Bob,

I was wondering if I was interpreting the "Full Discipline" aspect of monk powers correctly. I looked in the compendium and went online to the forums and it seems I was cheating a little bit.

I can't, for example, use the Attack power of the Pretentious Monk full discipline and then the Move power of the Smelly Toad full discipline. I'd have to use the normal movement action or the Pretentious Monk movement power. So I'll be more careful in the future.

Just FYI!

Tim
Tim B.
user 13832560
New Westminster, BC
Post #: 16
Also, apparently I do not add my +3 unarmed proficiency bonus to my powers since they are implement powers; theoretically I can still hit because my powers target defences other than AC which tend to be a bit lower. I dunno about that, but apparently that's what the rules say. Which still leaves the question of how that monk you showed me got a high attack bonus...

Perhaps we can find a few minutes to go over this in person? Theoretically I can be there early tomorrow since I work late tonight and thus can leave work early tomorrow.

I'm also wondering if you're open to players changing some of their power choices after the first session, once they see how they work (or not).

At any rate, I definitely should get back to work.
Bob R.
CountBob
North Vancouver, BC
Post #: 45
Also, apparently I do not add my +3 unarmed proficiency bonus to my powers since they are implement powers; theoretically I can still hit because my powers target defences other than AC which tend to be a bit lower. I dunno about that, but apparently that's what the rules say. Which still leaves the question of how that monk you showed me got a high attack bonus...

Perhaps we can find a few minutes to go over this in person? Theoretically I can be there early tomorrow since I work late tonight and thus can leave work early tomorrow.

I'm also wondering if you're open to players changing some of their power choices after the first session, once they see how they work (or not).

At any rate, I definitely should get back to work.

Gotta love an honest monk! To be honest, I have no idea how the monk I cooked up got such a high attack bonus. If you'd like to spend a few minutes trying to figure this out, that would be fine by me.
At least one of us should understand how these monk powers work - not essential, but useful!

As for changing stuff, I've always been open to that when people ask politely, within reason. If a reasonable amount of tailoring means that you're enjoying it more, this is a good thing for both DM's and players!

As for getting back to work, that's your problem :(
Bob R.
CountBob
North Vancouver, BC
Post #: 46
Which still leaves the question of how that monk you showed me got a high attack bonus...

I compared the characters, and here's what I've found so far:

His attack using the various powers is +5 as opposed to your +4 because he has Dexterity 20 to your 18.

His basic melee attack is +8 as opposed to your +3 because he has the feat "Melee Training(Dexterity)",
so he gets to add his +5 Dexterity bonus to basic melee attacks using any (or in his case, no) weapon.
Tim B.
user 13832560
New Westminster, BC
Post #: 17
Ah, OK. That makes sense. It's the attack power bonus that interests me the most. I can live with a +3 on my basic attacks.

The changes I would like to make are:
- swap Dancing Cobra for Fallen Needle
- swap Gentle Rainfall for Drunken Monkey

If you think changing attributes is too extreme, that's fine. If not, I'd like to change my stats to:
ST 10
CON 13
DEX 20
INT 10
WIS 15
CHA 8

These are after my racial bonuses (+2 DEX, +2 WIS) are applied.

Thanks for your time.

Tim
Bob R.
CountBob
North Vancouver, BC
Post #: 47
Ah, OK. That makes sense. It's the attack power bonus that interests me the most. I can live with a +3 on my basic attacks.

The changes I would like to make are:
- swap Dancing Cobra for Fallen Needle
- swap Gentle Rainfall for Drunken Monkey

If you think changing attributes is too extreme, that's fine. If not, I'd like to change my stats to:
ST 10
CON 13
DEX 20
INT 10
WIS 15
CHA 8

These are after my racial bonuses (+2 DEX, +2 WIS) are applied.

Thanks for your time.

Tim

Whaaaat??? No Pretentious Monk or Smelly Toad???

Since you're the one doing all the work, feel free to change your character, stats and all, at this point. I would ask that you commit to the changes you make, though... having to re-learn what all these characters can do every week would be a pain, and make it hard for me to size the adventure properly.

Please send me a copy of the character you end up with.
Tim B.
user 13832560
New Westminster, BC
Post #: 18
Huzzah! Will do. Your address was countbob, right?

No more changes, I promise. Well, not until retraining at lvl 2, anyway. ;)

Lemme see if I can find the stats for Pretentious Monk and Smelly Toad...
Dave
DavidLevine
New Westminster, BC
Post #: 41
Current XP Totals from Dave's Wed/Thur group are:

Rey: Pete (Wilden Druid) +200 experience = 695, +3 renown=27
Dan: Belgos (Drow Hunter) +200 experience = 1145, + 3 renown=24
Kellen: Hendriticus (Half-Elven Bard) +200 experience=1295, +3 renown=67
Kirby: Fancylad (Elven Archer) +200 experience = 1145, +3 renown=71
Charles: Althaea (Eladrin Illusionist) +200 experience = 1145, +3 renown=25
Myranda: Miklos (Gnoll Slayer) +200 experience = 405, +3 renown = 6

Congratulations Hendriticus, Belgos, Althaea and Fancylad: Welcome to level 2.

Dave
cool
Bob R.
CountBob
North Vancouver, BC
Post #: 48
Wednesday March 30th: updated experience and renown

Anthony: Wyrmbrain (Dragonborn Battlemind) 212 experience, 59 renown
Parisa: Shiva (Elven Storm Sorceress) +270 experience = 482, +3 renown = 6
Tim: Ash (Razorclaw Shifter Monk) +270 experience = 482, +3 renown = 24
Maxwell: Drew: (Human Wizard/Paladin) +270 experience = 482, +3 renown = 24
Jason: Thorofin (Dwarven Warpriest) +270 experience = 482, +3 renown = 8