Format for the evening:
1) Pizza from Bertucci’s, network with other cloud enthusiasts. (Before ~7:15pm)
2) Review video highlights from "Highly Available Architecture at Netflix" by Adrian Cockcroft (Cloud Architect at Netflix). http://www.slideshare.net/adrianco/high-availability-architecture-at-netflix
3) Review video highlights from "Failures at Scale and How to Ride Through Them" by James Hamilton (VP and Distinguished Engineer at AWS). http://www.slideshare.net/AmazonWebServices/cpn208-failuresatscale-aws-reinvent-2012
4) Open discussion with fellow AWS enthusiasts on presentations. Netflix, in particular, has a very unique take on cloud adoption, lots of things to discuss.
5) Eat more pizza and socialize!
This meeting will be held at The MathWorks, and organized by Joe Conti.
Directions: MathWorks is located in Natick, MA. For folks taking public transportation, MathWorks is about a 1.5 mile walk from the Natick commuter rail station. There is a shuttle bus that goes between the station and MathWorks as well. Directions to MathWorks can be found here.
Use the following map to navigate to the correct building: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=202790767269862021971.0004d54a769c033b14a58
Thank you Joe for organizing.
Hope to see everyone there!