Hello Everyone, Good day to you.
Just a reminder note regarding our meeting on Monday night. Here's the essential info. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
All the best!
- Mark Annati
AWS Real-world Usage and Case Studies
Thank you Sponsors!!
- When: Monday, 10/15/2012, 6PM to 8:10PM
- Where: Putterham Meeting Room, Putterham Branch Library, 959 West Roxbury Pkwy. Chestnut Hill, MA 02467 Google Maps: http://goo.gl/maps/O5IOA
- Parking: Park in building lot or on the front and side streets.
- Cost: Free
List of Presenters/Presentations (not necessarily in this order):
- Room rental is being sponsored by Stackdriver - Thank you Dan Belcher!
- Pizza is being supplied by Greystone Solutions - Thank you Adrian duCille!
- Refreshments are being supplied by Xceedium, Inc. - Thank you Michael Kurzrock!
- Mark Annati - Extreme Reach use case - Media Storage, AMI's, ELB, Security Profiles, Queues, & Cache Clusters
- Kofi C. - demo socialistr.com, introducing the BYOC concept (Bring Your Own Cloud)
- Russell Greenwald - Case Study on a postgres based site using ELB, Varnish, postgres syncing between zones, snapshotting, and billing reports
- Michael Kurzrock - Mitigating Security Risks in AWS
- Tom Laszewski - Running Oracle on AWS - Oracle on EC2, using PIOPS, Oracle RDS, MySQL RDS, and connecting to your oracle / mysql database
- Colby Dyess - AWS and the Hybrid Cloud - Cloud vs. Traditional Provisioning, Potential benefits of private / public hybrid, Common issues and how to avoid them
Presenter Setup Notes:
- 6:00pm - Arrival and Setup
- 6:20pm - Introductions and 1st Presentation
- 6:50pm - Presentation #2
- 7:10pm - Presentation #3
- 7:30pm - Presentation #4
- 7:50pm - Presentation #5
- 8:10pm - Feedback, Wrap-up/Clean-up
- Projector with VGA available
- Library has WiFi
- 20 minutes max for presentations with Q&A
- Please respect the moderator