Playing on our past popular petting zoo theme, July will be the "One Note Wonder" - A Monophonic Synth Petting Zoo. I know I mentioned the possibility of a concert for July but the logistics are not lining up. The polyphonic petting zoo was super popular and fun I thought it would be fun to do a variant for this meetup. Note, while this is technically the 2nd anniversary of the meetup, we'll celebrate the 2nd anniversary with a BBQ/Jam in August.
What is a Petting Zoo?
No animals here. Just a funny name that has caught on in synth circles for an event where you can get some hands-on time with instruments.
If you don't have an monosynth, don't worry. Just come to the meetup and have fun enjoying the instruments that others bring.
Bring one Monosynth Plus...
• Stand or small portable table to put your instrument on so we can line the edges of the room with your synths without taking up tables and seating for meetup members. Think 5 minute setup.
• A set of headphones and an extension chord
• Be prepared to do a short 1-5 minute overview of your synth
• Let me know what synth you'll bring by answering the RSVP question or contact me through meetup.com.
Rapid-Fire Show & Tell
During the normal "presentation" part of the meetup, I'll be passing a cable (RCA or ¼”) to each person with a synth and connect you to the PA. You'll get up to 5 minutes to explain key standout features of your synth. Then after introductions members can try the synths on headphones.
I'll update the lineup as people RSVP and tell me what synths they will bring. So far we have...
• Adam S. - Analogue Solutions Leipzig-s
• Gus - Arp 2600
• Mark P. - Korg Monotron
• Brendan - Korg MS20
• Mike M. - Korg Prophecy
• Greg F. - MeeBlip
• Corey - Micromoog
• Rod - Moog Minimoog Classic
• Paul G - Moog Minitaur and the sparkfun sparkPunk
• Victoria - Moog Slim Phatty...
• Mark M. - Novation Bass Station II
• Wes - Sequential Circuits Pro One
• Rick - Stylophone S2
• Michael H. - Tom Oberheim SEM PRO. or Old: EML 101
It's ok if we have some duplicates.
Schedule for the night:
7:00-7:25 Set up synth + Order Up Food and Drink
7:30-8:15 Rapid-fire Show & Tell
8:15-8:30 Group Intros
8:30-10:00 Petting Zoo / Network
10:00 Wrap-up and settle-up