There is no such thing as a business – all you have is a group of people. Human nature hasn’t changed significantly in 30,000 years, so if you want to motivate your team and get them working well – or to avoid frustration and poor performance – you need to know how the human being works.
This 45-minute session will give you skills and tools to help better understand and work with the modern (actually Stone Age) human being. It’ll explain a lot of things about life, and provide you with some useful, practical tools for dealing with issues in the workplace.
Piers Bishop, M.A. of www.howtomotivateateam.com an expert in human psychology and an Engage for Success Guru will be facilitating the session.
- Why does anyone do anything? (human needs 101)
- So level of performance, commitment, etc depends on how well work meets the needs of your staff
- Unmet needs lead to raised arousal and so defensiveness, aggression, stupidity, illness etc
- All oddness is an attempt to get your needs met – how to spot it!
- This where How2 operates – prioritising unmet needs to improve function asap
- Questions and answers – please bring along relevant examples for us to discuss
- A new skill for you to try from our goodie bag (The joy of blame, when to stop or accentuate the positive – the language of no)
But whatever you do, from now on look at people through the How2 lens and they will make so much more sense. And if you want to know how well your team are doing, and how much scope there is for virtually free improvement, go to www.howtomotivateateam.com.