The Brisbane Dungeons & Dragons Meetup Group Message Board › Looking for group

Looking for group

A former member
Post #: 1
Name: Micky

Past Experience: A few games of 3.5, a few games of 4e, and of course all the videogames they brought out based on D&D systems.
Player or DM: Really really really prefer to be a player. I would have absolutely no confidence at DMing.
Frequency: Bi-weekly or weekly, it depends on the details.
Weekend or Weeknights: If its not too far to travel, i can do weeknights, but will probably have to be weekends if its up in Brissy.
Amy
user 10520517
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 2

name- Amy
approximate age- over 18, most definitely.
past experience- began playing at age 15 (haha - 18 years ago!!!) many campaigns, conventions etc. last played 2 yrs ago.
player or DM- Player :)
frequency- weekly, fortnightly or even monthly would be good!
weekend or weeknights- both!

feeling the urge to roll dice and clear out some dungeons with a good crew!
Colin
user 2456748
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 4
name- Colin
approximate age- Over 18

past experience- Lots of different games, including dipping my feet into all the different D&D editions. Pretty much no ongoing campaign play for a few years though.
player or DM- Either.
frequency- Once a fortnight/Once a month (I'd consider weekly, but it'd have to be a weeknight, and I don't have a car).
weekend or weeknights- If it was once a month, I'd be hoping for a long Saturday or Sunday session. Otherwise, I can do weeknights, as long as it doesn't run too late.

I'm looking for a little bit of southside/central Brissie role-playing (I'm Tarragindi/Annerley based). I'm willing to run or play D&D 4th, Pathfinder, or any thing else I have on my shelf (a whole lot o' non-d&d stuff). Personally, I prefer short (1 - 6 session) games (that way we can try a bunch of systems/campaigns, and we can always return to the games/characters we enjoy!

Throw me a message if you're interested or you have a game going!
A former member
Post #: 3
Name: Allan
Age: I'm 22, as long as the players are willing to have fun I don't care about their age. Over 18 has slightly less complications, but I honestly don't mind either way.
Past experience: Only 3.5, due a reluctance to play 4E and a congenital inability to understand THAC0. Couple years worth.
Player/DM: Would prefer player (wouldn't we all? Much less work), but willing to DM (certainly need practise).
Frequency: Probably no more then once per week. I do have other stuff (uni etc)
Weekend/Weeknights: Don't mind, weekends are probably easier, but as long as it can be made to work I'm flexible.

Just a note: if I end up DMing, I tend to have an inconsistent relationship with non-core material. So anyone that is into it in a big way could end up having an issue. Obviously I try to handle conflicts in a mature and civilised fashion, but my experience is some warning usually helps.
A former member
Heya, I'm David and looking for a group.

I'm definately 18+

Cut my teeth on 2E many moons ago, and recently played 3.5E. Looking to try 4E

I'd prefer to play at this stage and pick up rules quickly. I'd consider DM'ing in the future but I'd have to get back into the groove and up to speed first.

weekly or fortnightly would suit me, (monthly if it suited everyone else)

I prefer weekends as I work early during the week.

I'm looking for some like minded people, who like to let their inner-child roll dice and fight off armies once and a while. It's good for the soul :)
A former member

Name - Ross
Age - definitely 18+
past experience - stated just after basic dnd was released in Australia, didn't play 2nd but played 3rd and 3.5
would love to try 4th, i have also played many nondnd rpg's
player or DM - can Dm but prefere to play
Frequency - weekly, fortnightly
weekend or weeknights - monday or tuesday nights or weekends

I have played dnd since high school and basic DnD, played many years of ADND but no second edition, i have played 3rd and 3.5 and would love to try 4th.
i haven't played much it the last 7 years and would love to start playing again.
--- i have a personal hate of power gamers, their characters can die in sooooo many interesting ways

north side of Brissie please
Chris
user 10744671
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 2
Name - Chris Stone
Age - 18+
Past XP - Played 2nd ed and 3.5
Player / DM - I am looking to get a campaign underway as DM at the moment but would love to join a game as a player.
Frequency - whenever (married + 2.5 kids so maybe unavailable on occasion)
Weekend or weeknight - weekend prefered but weeknight possible.

I have posted about my game, please reply on that thread or email me if interested.
David E
user 9361859
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 5
Hi Ross,

I think I contacted you a little while ago but cannot remember if you replied or not.

I am looking to start up a campaign on the northside as soon as I can pull a party together. Are you interested. It would be around the Aspley/Bridgeman Downs area be more or less a weekly game on a Friday or Saturday night. Given a lack of DM options I am willing to take on this role.

Let me know. If you are interested we could meet up some time to discuss.

Thanks.

David

Name - Ross
Age - definitely 18+
past experience - stated just after basic dnd was released in Australia, didn't play 2nd but played 3rd and 3.5
would love to try 4th, i have also played many nondnd rpg's
player or DM - can Dm but prefere to play
Frequency - weekly, fortnightly
weekend or weeknights - monday or tuesday nights or weekends

I have played dnd since high school and basic DnD, played many years of ADND but no second edition, i have played 3rd and 3.5 and would love to try 4th.
i haven't played much it the last 7 years and would love to start playing again.
--- i have a personal hate of power gamers, their characters can die in sooooo many interesting ways

north side of Brissie please
Amanda
user 8361385
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 3
Name: Amanda

Past Experience: I've played a few 3.5 games, very few 4e games, and Star Wars Saga Edition games.
Player or DM: Player
Frequency: Bi-weekly or monthly
Weekend or Weeknights: Weeknights, sometimes weekends

I would like to play some 4e games or Star Wars Saga Edition games.

South Side or City (No North side)
A former member
name- Cameron

approximate age- 21

past experience- Only about a year or so, semi-fortnightly

player or DM- Have acted as DM, but not very good at it. Much prefer playing... for now

frequency- Weekly, or possibly fornightly

weekend or weeknights- Both, except for Tuesday through Thursday

I live in Ipswich, so I'd prefer a group nearby. I've no problem with travelling to Brisbane, however. In terms of group attitude, I enjoy a pleasant balance of good-natured seriousness and light-hearted humour. I'm not fussy, though.

Most of my characters tend to be well-spoken half-orcs. I usually play as clerics or fighters, but the sorceror I tried once was pretty fun :) I try to make my characters unusual without going too zany, haha.