June 22, 2013 · 8:00 PM
After the sucess of Megatrek a couple of weeks ago, we're doing it again
Three of Bar Trek's favourite bars are within spitting distance of each other (Bizon, Kafka and Cobra). So we are going to all three at the same time, using all three Organisers!
Your job will be to pick your starting bar and then stay there or wander to the other two as and when you feel like it. If you find your bar of choice is just too full, then move on to the next. So, we'll need your co-operation here a bit
When you RSVP to this please also comment saying which bar you intend to start off in. Doesn't matter which - it's up to you. But if you can aim for about equal numbers in each that would be appreciated (i.e. make you best guess judging from previous comments and their chosen first bar).
Myself, David and Liz will start at one bar and move on on the hour. So, for us it's:
- Liz: 20.00 Cobra, 21.00 Bizon, 22.00 Kafka
- Daivid: 20.00 Bizon, 21.00 Kafka, 22.00 Cobra
- Pete: 20.00 Kafka, 21.00 Cobra, 22.00 Bizon
After 23.00 we just stumble about as we see fit
Details of the three bars (maps are linked to the bar name - just click on them):
- Bizon: Excellent quirky bar. Nice balcony bit. Website here: http://www.cafebizon.com/index.htm
- Kafka: Nice large bar with a decent range of beers (on the blackboard behind you as you stand at the bar)
- Cobra: Not a massive beer range (but a few trusty standard Trappists) but they take their cocktails quite seriously :) And super friendly bar staff
No food at any of these so feed yourself beforehand.
For those new to Bar Trek (or those who can't remember what us Organisers look like) well be wearing something identifiable, as follows:
- Pete: my blue Bar Trek T-shirt (it's blue and has "Bar Trek" written on it)
- David: His curly hair should be enough!
- Liz: Looking like Liz
Mobile numbers if lost :
- Pete: 0486 [masked]
- David: [masked]
See you there (and there and there!)
Pete, Liz, David