You may recall I've discussed an Oktoberfest event at some of the bar Treks. There is another Meetup group doing this. I sent an email to the organizer and they are happy for the likes of us to tag along.
Here's the link with all details on: http://www.meetup.com/European-Travel/calendar/13167731/
Here's what you need to decide:
1) Do you want to go to the Oktoberfest (24th - 27th Sept) for ?209 (?50 deposit) + travel/beer cost and stay in a Hostel? If yes, proceed to step 2 and beyond :-)
2) If you go to the link above and sign up to that group
3) RSVP 'Yes' to the Oktoberfest event.
4) Pay the organiser (Eris) ?50 deposit (The balance is then due 1 month prior to the start date of the tour). Email Eris ('Contact the Organiser' button). See below for payment details.
5) Also, make sure you tell Eris you need a spot in the Hostel
6) We shall discuss travel options at the Bar Trek Meetups.We need to sort out our own transport there. (Any suggestions about the best way to get to/from Munich?)
7) Go and drink the beer :-)
I'm signed up! Go on, you know you want to!
And do it soon! Those hostel places will go like hot cake-like objects.
People can pay by card or Paypal ( I did it via Paypal since I don't like emailing my credit card details over the internet, and (redit cards incur a 3% fee)
To pay by card Eris needs the card number, expiry date and 3 digit CUC Code.
To pay by PayPal, you need a PayPal account (e.g. via www.paypal.co.uk) and then pay into Eris's paypal account which is [address removed]
Note it would also email Eris to let her know that it has been transferred so that she knows what it is when it comes into her account!
The accommodation is the Meininger Hostel very near to the beer halls.
You'll see this 'Bar Trek' Meetup as a note which provides the details above and the link to the other Meetup groups event. I think that's better than a 'meetup' of our own since I'm really only 'pointing' to that Meetup group's event.