Update Bar Trek Antwerp on 23 October
Saturday, October 16, 2010 9:29 PM
I want to go to Antwerp on 23 October. Antwerp is a great city with a lot of nice bars and beers to discover.
My plan is to meet at 11:15 to take the train which leaves at 11:22 and arrives around 12:00 in Antwerp Central. Don't forget to buy a trainticket!!! You can buy a trainticker to Antwerp Central for 7.40 euro's, this ticket is called a "weekendretour".
After Arriving in Antwerp Centrel I will make a walk through the city of Antwerp, this is not a guided tour but isn;t it great to get to know a city on your own way? At 16:00 we will be in the first bar of the day, so if you are more interested in only the bar trek part of it you are of course also welcome at 16:00 in the bar called "Het elfde gebod", address Torfbrug 10. We will stay for arround one hour in this bar.
I have the opinion the next sixth bars are especially worth a visit:
- Het elfde gebod: This is a fairly tourist in the centre of Antwerp and the beers are a bit pricy. But the interior will make it totally worh a vist: all walls are covered with hundreds of small statues of saints.
- De Vagant: This first reason for me to visit the bar is they have a nice cold bolleke, the local beer of Antwerp brewed by the Koninck. Besides they have other standard trappist beers and are specialised in jenever.
- De grote witte arend: This places looks a nice place for me to have a meal. Besides they have an own chappel, so if you suddenly feel the need to talk to god....
- Kulminator: This is the local beer institution of Antwerp and has approximately 700 beers on offer.
- Het pakhuis: This is a brewery pub, whit some very interesting beers to try.
- Stamineeke: This bar has Westvleteren a hard to find sixth trappist beer.
I will wear a black softshell jacket of "the north face".
Hope to see you on Saturday the 23 of October.
Sheers and with kind regards,