Brussels Bar Trek Message Board › Question: Should I ship a Trek bike from US or buy in Belgium?

Question: Should I ship a Trek bike from US or buy in Belgium?

A former member
Post #: 1
I'm flying to Brussels in May. Will travel a lot via bicycle. I can buy a Trek 7.6 for $1200US or last year's model Trek 7.7 for $1450. Would cost up to $150 to ship to Belgium. Does anyone know how much a comparable bike would cost in Belgium please? Thank you in advance for any feedback. Joe
Peter P
user 12874544
Brussels, BE
No idea! Personally I'd buy a train season ticket, be a lot more comfortable!
Shirley
user 14667971
Brussels, BE
I'm flying to Brussels in May. Will travel a lot via bicycle. I can buy a Trek 7.6 for $1200US or last year's model Trek 7.7 for $1450. Would cost up to $150 to ship to Belgium. Does anyone know how much a comparable bike would cost in Belgium please? Thank you in advance for any feedback. Joe

Hi Joe,

I don't know the brand, but via Google I found their website. http://www.trekbikes....­

I know it's in Dutch, but if you click on "Verkooppunten" you can view a lot of vendors around Belgium. Their phone number are listed; if I were you, I would call them (for instance via Skype) and ask them.

Good luck,
Shirley
A former member
Joe, I moved to Brussels two years ago from Madison as well! You might want to look into packing up your bike and bringing it as an additional piece of "sporting goods" luggage. This is what I ended up doing with mine and it was free at the time, but I think there's a fee now. Also you could look into the cargo shipping options offered by your airline. Best of luck!
A former member
Post #: 2
Grazie to all repliers. Will ship a bike.