addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Brussels Bar Trek Message Board › Westvleteren Trip - Any more drivers out there?

Westvleteren Trip - Any more drivers out there?

Pete
Pete
Group Organizer
Brussels, BE
Hi all,

I'm still planning the Westvleteren trip to get that elusive beer (Sat 13th Nov, time TBD)

Response is good so far, but more car drivers would be help. After talking to the drivers we have I think I'll need to stick to the 1:3 ration of driver:passenger. So, if you're thinking about it and have a car then you'd be very welcome.

Also, a couple of questions in case anyone knows:

- When phoning to book a slot can we give details of several cars at once (or does each driver need to phone up separately)?
- It appears to me that we get beer 'per car' and not per person - can anyone confirm if that's correct?
(i.e we get, say, 3 crate per car no matter what the umber of people in that car is)

Thanks

Pete

http://www.meetup.com...­
A former member
Post #: 1
Pete,

In addition to getting beer per car (last heard it is indeed 2 crates per car, regardless of the amount of passengers), you can also take the queue at the gift shop and get beer per person there. They will sell you 6 bottles a person. Last time I was there, we switched coats and took the line twice :-). But don't worry, you won't leave without beer. You can also drink it right there in their café.

I also have a good spot for meeting before we leave. Call me at 0494 84 28 99 or e-mail tom.de.backer@telenet.be

Take care,

Tom

Hi all,

I'm still planning the Westvleteren trip to get that elusive beer (Sat 13th Nov, time TBD)

Response is good so far, but more car drivers would be help. After talking to the drivers we have I think I'll need to stick to the 1:3 ration of driver:passenger. So, if you're thinking about it and have a car then you'd be very welcome.

Also, a couple of questions in case anyone knows:

- When phoning to book a slot can we give details of several cars at once (or does each driver need to phone up separately)?
- It appears to me that we get beer 'per car' and not per person - can anyone confirm if that's correct?
(i.e we get, say, 3 crate per car no matter what the umber of people in that car is)

Thanks

Pete

http://www.meetup.com...­