NOTE: Due to the availability of the speaker this meeting is on a TUESDAY (instead of our normal THURSDAY evening) so please mark you calendars accordingly!
Come out and join the Alamance Makers Guild for our November meeting and learn about how Puppets are made thanks to a special demonstration and lecture by artist and AMG member John Otero!
This is part 1 of 2 relating to puppets. In this meeting John will demonstration how puppets are made, and will discuss sources of materials and how to outfit a puppet that looks like a person (yourself for example). In a future meeting (part 2) those who are interested will actually get a chance to make their own puppets.
As always we'll have MiMi's Pizza ($5 per person buffet style) for those who wish to eat with us.
This meeting is open, free, and family friendly. Teen members of the AMG are also encouraged to attend if they are available.
Also on the agenda:
* Show-n-Tell... bring YOUR projects (finished or in progress) to show off to everyone!
* Quick update on Maker Space Progress (looking for properties)
* Plans for the December Meeting (Pot Luck Dinner + Make Puppets/Learn to Solder/Make Ornaments)
* Update on the Burlington Mini Maker Faire 2014 and call for volunteers for various rolls to make this event happen.
* Update on the Teen Chapter of the AMG (recent Robotics Exhibition)
Looking forward to seeing as many of you at this meeting as possible. Folks who have followed us online but who have not yet attended a meeting are encouraged to come out and check us out. (Please RSVP positive or negative so that we'll have a good count for ordering Pizza).