addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Burlington Makers Meetup Group Message Board › New Meetup: Maker Faire NC (Raleigh NC Fairgrounds/Kerr Scott Building)

New Meetup: Maker Faire NC (Raleigh NC Fairgrounds/Kerr Scott Building)

Bennett H.
user 17161481
Group Organizer
Burlington, NC
Announcing a new Meetup for The Burlington Makers Meetup Group!

What: Maker Faire NC (Raleigh NC Fairgrounds/Kerr Scott Building)
When: Saturday, June 18, 2011 10:00 AM

Where: NC Fairgrounds Gov Kerr Scott Building
1025 Blue Ridge Blvd
Raleigh, NC 27607

The 2nd Annual NC Maker Faire will be held in and around the Gov. Kerr Scott Building at the NC Fairgrounds in Raleigh NC on June 18th from 10:00am till 5:00pm. I'll be exhibiting my Harris Educational business and my Reinventing Science kits there! There are over 80 maker exhibitors at the show including artists, performers, educators, and technical makers. Not to mention food and things to do for kids. Tickets are $4 for adults $2 for children (under 6 is free). Parking is also free. I was lucky to exhibit at the Maker Faire in San Mateo CA this year for the first time and will be at the NC Maker Faire exhibiting my Science Kits. (Find the Harris Educational/Reinventing Science booth). I've talked to the organizers of MFNC and will be taking a more active roll for 2012 in helping them plan and in finding more exhibitors (would be glad to talk to any of you about exhibiting your art or projects there in the future!) Come on out and bring friends and family. We are hoping for at least 10K visitors! Make sure to introduce yourself as part of this meetup when you come by my booth. I fully understand if this is short notice and you can't attend, but please help me spread the word and tell all of your friends! The NC Maker Faire Website is at: http://makerfairenc.c...­ You can see pictures I took at the CA Maker Faire at: http://www.photobucke...­ And a video I put together at:­ I've got friends helping with more photos and video for NC Maker Faire so if you can't go stay tuned I'll be posting more info after the show!

Check it out!