The Burlington Makers Meetup Group Message Board › Our First Meeting?

Our First Meeting?

Bennett H.
user 17161481
Group Organizer
Burlington, NC
Post #: 2
Thanks to everyone who has joined the group so far!
I'm now finished with Maker Faire NC (and all of the follow-up that goes with that) and so I'm free and ready to have our first meeting.

I've updated the meeting to have a date (and had to do a time so I arbitrarily picked 7:00pm this Saturday). I know that the weekend after that is July 4th weekend and most folks won't be available.

I'd like to go ahead and have a first meeting so that we can get the ball rolling!

Any suggestions as to a good place to meet? should we make this a lunch or dinner meeting or just get together? Any suggestions as to a best time/day?

Let me know what you all think and we'll move this forward.
Thanks

Ben

p.s. I've been interviewed by the Times News and they are going to do a story about me, my science kits, maker faire, and my quest to open a Maker Space in Alamance County. It should be printed in the July 10th Sunday Paper. Stay tuned!
A former member
Post #: 10
Ben, I would be open for anywhere in Burlington or Graham my preference would be lunch time or right after at Starbucks or Panera's on Huffman Mill Road. If you meet in the evening at 7:00 then I have no preference. Look forward to meeting everyone.
John W. L.
user 18186461
Burlington, NC
Post #: 1
I would probably prefer a lunch or early afternoon meeting as well. The Starbuck's on Huffman Mill seems fine to me.