The Burlington Makers Meetup Group Message Board › Meetup Cancelled: Irregular Meeting of the AMG: Laser Cutting / Digital Fabr

Meetup Cancelled: Irregular Meeting of the AMG: Laser Cutting / Digital Fabrication

Bennett H.
user 17161481
Group Organizer
Burlington, NC
Irregular Meeting of the AMG: Laser Cutting / Digital Fabrication, scheduled to occur on Thursday, February 21, 2013 7:00 PM has been cancelled. Please update your plans accordingly.

If you have further questions, you can email me through the Contact Us link on Meetup. (or at

Hi Everyone, I'm sorry that I'm going to have to cancel this meeting of the Alamance Makers Guild.  My mother passed away yesterday after a brief illness and I'm going to be with my family for the visitation and funeral on Thursday/Friday.  Since we hold our meetings at Sylvan Learning Center here in Burlington its important that either my wife Jessica or I be present to host the meetings, clean up, and lock up afterwards and obviously for this meeting neither one of us will be available.

I've left a message with our intended guest speaker and hope that we can reschedule him for some point in the future.

We will definitely continue to have regular meetings as well as other special events in the future.  I hope each of you will continue to be a part of the Alamance Makers Guild and continue to come out to our events.

Thanks for your understanding in this difficult time for my family.  I and my family are all doing ok, your concerns or positive thoughts are appreciated in advance.  I will try to respond to any questions or messages as I can though I will have limited time and internet access for the next week or so.