addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Charleston Kayak Meetup Group Message Board › Roll Class this week!

Roll Class this week!

Scott S.
ScottatSKC
Charleston, SC
Good morning!  We are excited about roll class this week. In preparation for class, please:

• Call the shop to register and pay if you haven't already done so.  William will be here today (Sunday from 10:30 - 3:30)  843-225-7969.  Consider downloading a waiver and filling it out ahead of time to save some time at the pool.
  • Arrive at the St. Andrews Pool no later than 6:15 pm - you can get changed and perhaps help move kayaks, so we are ready to hit the water promptly at 6:30 pm.
  • Ensure that you have  insulating layers.  I find that a pair of neoprene-lined shorts and a neoprene long-sleeved top work well for me.  Please make arrangements to visit the shop, let us know if you might need to borrow, or steal.  A bathing suit alone just doesn't cut it!
  • We will have nose-plugs for sale at the pool.  If you own or can borrow a dive mask that can be helpful.
  • Don't forget water shoes.

And most of all, please arrive well rested, having had a light supper not too close to class time, and have an open mind.  It's not too late to consider Debbie's yoga class this afternoon.

Typically, the students' greatest obstacle to learning to roll is goal-oriented desire to learn to roll. Just go with the flow.  Listen to your instructors, not those voices inside your head.

Please feel free to call me if you have any questions or concerns.  Otherwise, let's roll!

Scott Szczepaniak
Sea Kayak Carolina
Shop 843-225-7969
Cell 843-327-9655