addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Overnight Car Camp, hike and paddle Buck Hall Recreation Area

I want to wake up by the Intracoastal Water Way in the early morning. I have a campsite reserved for two cars and up to six people. The idea is to drive up and car camp. Hike in the afternoon and again in the morning. You can join us for the afternoon hike on the 14th or the morning hike on the 15th. You will tent and sleeping bag suitable for the overnignt temperatures plus food and wherewithal for supper and breakfast. We will walk sections of the Awendaw Passage of the Palmetto Trail. Optionally, we might kayak some on the Intracoastal Waterway depending on participants interest.

Join or login to comment.

  • art s.

    Hey Starr, how did your outing to Buck Hall pan-out? Did the rain put a damper on it.

    December 16, 2013

    • Kim

      Canceled due to rain.--Kim

      December 17, 2013

  • hazardes

    So we are unanimous then. Trip is cancelled. We'll try it again another time this winter. Enjoy your wet weekend!

    1 · December 13, 2013

  • hazardes

    Thursday 9pm:
    The plan was to head to Buck Hall by noonish set up and hang out hiking and birding.

    I just put the cross hairs over Bull's Bay and the chance of rain rises from about 50% to 70% and stays there. The text forecast is

    Showers likely, mainly after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 68. East wind 8 to 17 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
    Saturday Night Showers. Low around 59. West wind 13 to 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
    Sunday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 63. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible. So I ask you, Do you want to step into that? Personally, I could stay in town given that I was sort of hoping for crystal clear skies and there won't be any around here this weekend.

    1 · December 12, 2013

    • Scott

      I pretty much feel the same way. If the weather will be unpleasant, there are things I'd rather do.

      December 12, 2013

    • linda

      ditto

      December 13, 2013

  • Kim

    I suspected we would be canceling because of the rain but wanted to be sure. I agree I don't want to spend the weekend in the rain.

    December 13, 2013

  • Kim

    Do we just meet at Buck Hall? Or do we carpool? Rain a problem?

    Kim

    December 12, 2013

  • linda

    I have pull behind single person camper, a Runaway. May I reserve a spot also?

    December 2, 2013

  • Michele T.

    Starr, just noticed this group on meetup. Had just posted a suggested meetup for Hikng & Camping group for the thurs, fri, & this same weekend, for camping & meteor-watching at Huntington beach state park, plus visiting Brookgreen Gardens for their Night of 1,000 Candles. Selfishly posted as suggested for thurs & fri nights plus the weekend since I return to work Sat evening.

    1 · December 1, 2013

2 went

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy