The Chicago Area Asatru Discussion Group Message Board › Norse myth class in Chicago

Norse myth class in Chicago

A former member
Post #: 1
Hello, everyone!

I posted this as a "meetup," but Joe just clued me in to the message board.

I'm teaching a new adult / continuing education class on Norse mythology at Loyola University Chicago. It's a six week multimedia class that runs on Wednesdays at 7:30pm - 9pm, May 18 through June 22.

The course is open to the public, suitable for all ages - no previous study required. We'll look at myths of Thor, Odin, Freya, Siegfried and other figures through the lens of history, cultural studies, comparative religion, anthropology, linguistics and related disciplines.

I'll also be bringing in my experiences from a three-week trip to Iceland last summer, where I spent some quality time with members of the Ásatrúarfélagið.

We usually have a good mix in the class - Asatruar, Wiccan, Tolkien fans, Wagnerites, metalheads, and people who are just interested in the history and heritage of it all. This leads to some very interesting group discussions........

You can find more info and registration instructions at this page on the Loyola website -

https://perseus.luc.e...­

Cheers!
A former member
Post #: 2
NEWS - Loyola just extended registration through Wednesday, May 24.

This weeks class topic is "Odin and the Runes."

Cheers!