Dear Meetup Memebers,
As whole food nutrition is important to all of us, a key component to this is farms and farming practices. Please give your support to create a better farm bill now. See details and petition links below from Wes King.
Enjoy the Journey,
Whole Health Consultant Reclaim Reconnect Renew LLC Sign Up for Free Newsletter
From: Wes King [mailto:[address removed]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 24,[masked]:41 AM
To: Wes King
Subject: Its time for a better farm bill... Sign the petition now!
It's time for a better farm bill. Now.
For the sake of our nation's health, our farmers, and our natural resources, we need congress to do its job.
We need a better farm bill, and we need it this year! An equitable, sustainable, 21st century farm bill must:
- INVEST IN THE FUTURE OF HEALTHY FARMS, FOOD & PEOPLE
- PROTECT OUR PRECIOUS AIR, SOIL & WATER
- REFORM FARM SUBSIDIES & LEVEL THE PLAYING FIELD
Add your name to our petition to congress now!
This petition drive is being organized by the National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition. Illinois Stewardship Alliance is an active member of the coalition.
What exactly do we mean by an equitable, sustainable, 21st century farm bill?
INVEST IN THE FUTURE OF HEALTHY FARMS, FOOD, and PEOPLE
- Harness the economic power of local and organic food and small businesses to strengthen rural and urban communities and create jobs
- Grow the next generation of American farmers by providing the tools, training, and access to capital that beginning and socially disadvantaged farmers and ranchers need to succeed
- Ensure access to fresh, healthy food for all - including those in need and in our schools
PROTECT OUR PRECIOUS AIR, SOIL, and WATER
- Reward farmers for their environmental stewardship by fully funding farm conservation programs
- Do not raid long-term conservation efforts to pay for short-term disaster fixes
- Link federal crop insurance support to conservation of wetlands and fragile soils
REFORM FARM SUBSIDIES and LEVEL THE PLAYING FIELD
- Eliminate wasteful direct payments
- Target support to working farm families by closing loopholes that benefit mega-farms and millionaire investors
- Cap farm and crop insurance subsidies to improve fiscal responsibility
Illinois Stewardship Alliance
"Local Food Matters"