addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Chicago Cisco Systems Meetup Group Message Board › Meeting place has been secured.

Meeting place has been secured.

A former member
Hello Everyone,
I've been approached by someone inside the Cisco building, in Rosemont, who works with Cisco. They are offering space in-turn for a soft-sell of their Cisco training:  Skyline ATS, a Cisco Certified Training Partner .

I will continue to talk with Cisco also.

Next week, I'll meet with, Dave Falco, from Skyline to check out the facilities so I can tell you folks what to expect. I'm going to shoot for Monday or Tuesday.

Moving forward: I have no specific plan other than "get moving". Ideas for meeting topics don't appear to be a problem. There are plenty of them bouncing around  our collective heads. The issue IMO is getting the group moving. That's what me short term plan is about. (1) Secure a meeting place (2) have at least one meeting scheduled (3) pick topic (4) meet.

Then, we can address logistics like letting folks Skype-in or whatever means we come up with to let those who can't physically be at a meeting have the opportunity to use the Internet to attend.

HERE'S WHERE I NEED YOUR INPUT
(A) Answer the questions by typing your answers below, then, cutnpaste them and email me. Here are my answers:
How long should the meeting be? 2.5 hours

What time should we start the meeting? Anytime  from 6-7pm

What day of the week should we meet? Thurs

What should the topic be for this meeting? No specialized outside speakers. Meet and greet for one hour, then,  three people from within the group share their learning path to the CCNA, CCNP, or CCIE.

I'll be in touch soon. Thank you everyone,
Jim Goulding
630-832-9248
www.jamesgoulding.com
jim@jamesgoulding.com

PS. Reminder, I don't do spelling and grammar corrections all the time. Too busy.