addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Chicago Cisco Systems Meetup Group Message Board › Time to break the ice.

Time to break the ice.

A former member
Time to break the ice. Here's a way to do that.

Your 30 – 60 second pitch

We are all here for a reason. What's your reason? This exercise will help you get what you need from this group.

To establish your wants and needs, I've put this exercise together. Please complete it before you come. I'm going to ask you to share this with the group either in front of everyone or in small groups, depending how many people come. You DO NOT have to do this. No worries.

You'll see " " marks around  the questions. That's because I didn't write the questions, someone else did; I'm quoting them. They do not wish to be identified, so I'm leaving their citation out  but crediting their work by using quotes.

Thanks!
---Jim Goulding

TOP RULES
• Throw perfection out the window.
If you don't want to do this, don't. This group is NOT about you being uncomfortable.

4 Steps
1. YOUR NAME AND YOUR COMPANY'S NAME
"The 'Who'. The name of your company. Just the name. Not the tagline. Taglines have their place and it’s not in your 30 second pitch."

ANSWER:

2. WHAT IS YOUR JOB TITLE?
"The 'What'. What products or services does you company provide? Keep focused. You cannot be all things to all people."

ANSWER:

3. WHY ARE YOU HERE?
"The 'What’s in it for me?' or your USP (unique selling proposition). What sets you apart from your competition? For example: Can you help me make more money? Do you sell a product I need for less cost? Do you solve a specific problem? Describe yourself in terms of the benefits you provide “me”, your prospective client."

ANSWER:

4. What is your favorite Ice Cream? Really. I gotta know!

ANSWER:
Greg
user 48326332
Lake Villa, IL
Post #: 1
Hey,

4 Steps
1. YOUR NAME AND YOUR COMPANY'S NAME
Greg Gut

ANSWER:
I'm currently on a contract with Abbott Labs.

2. WHAT IS YOUR JOB TITLE?

ANSWER:
Network Technician. Currently on the LAN side, but also worked on the WAN side. The LAN side, implementing Extreme Networks switches.

3. WHY ARE YOU HERE?

ANSWER:

I want to 1. Get a perm job. 2. I need the kick in the pants to get my CCNA, and further certs. 3. I want to eventually get into security. 4. Network

4. What is your favorite Ice Cream? Really. I gotta know!

ANSWER:

My favorite crappy brand, is New York Cherry. Think Dean's, or a similar brand. My favorite though is a Vanilla. While it can describe something as very bland and boring, a really good Vanilla does it for me.