align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The Chicago Cisco Systems Meetup Group Message Board › Re: Intro to OSPF PowerPoint Presentation January 13th 2010

Re: Intro to OSPF PowerPoint Presentation January 13th 2010

A former member
Post #: 1
For those who attended Wednesday's Cisco Meetup presentation:

I would appreciate honest feedback on the presentation I gave on the Intro to OSPF. This is the first time a gave a technical talk and want to know what was good and what needs improvement. I appreciate your attendance and hope that you learned something of value.

Allen Cuzelis smile
Qadree W.
user 10884395
Chicago, IL
Thanks for doing the OSPF presentation Allen. I think you did pretty well overall, but I think that when you started using the marker to illustrate things on paper it was too small for any of us too see. I don't even think you needed to write some things, IP addresses for instance. I don't think too many people will keep track of the IP addresses you mention during a presentation. I think it's good to have the IP addresses there, but you may not want to use that as the sole reference for the entities that you use in a presentation. You could do what they do in the books and just refer to "host A" or "router 1," etc. without referencing the IP's. For more complicated diagrams it might be easier to have a single page handout that everyone can get a copy of. This way people could write on the actual diagram, take notes, etc., and if they want to mess around with IP addresses they can do it and still have the diagram to refer to later.

That's all I can think of for now. Thanks again for doing the presentation

Darryl N.
user 10345091
Chicago, IL
Allen I think your presentation was pretty good. OSPF wont be on the CCENT certification exam so it was a little over my head but I will definitely add your slides to my library and hope to use them for CCNA study. Thanks !