The Chicago Data Visualization Group Message Board › Graphing in R & ggplot2 workshop off to a great start!

Graphing in R & ggplot2 workshop off to a great start!

Josh D.
Chicago, IL
Thanks to the 30+ CDVG members that came out to the first night of the Graphing in R & ggplot2 workshop at 1871. It was a great start and I look forward to doing more of these in the future. I’ve updated the presentation and posted it to slideshare. Here is a highlight of the changes:

• added link to a matrix multiplication tutorial on the Matrix: Arithmetic slide (p. 26).
  • changed the data frame subsetting example to access columns by name instead of index number.
  • cleaned up typos.
  • added references page.

Free copy of the R Cookbook for the first person to post and share a valid solution to any one of the exercises on slide number 36. You can post on your own blog, on our CDVG blog (contact me) or Github(recommended). just let us know where you put it.

Another reminder that we don’t have the IMSA classroom on October 22 and we will either push the schedule a week or just meet in the shared areas of 1871. We will make that decision before leaving 1871 this coming Monday.

I look forward to seeing everyone next week when we will start using ggplot2 under the tutelage of Tom Schenk. Bring $5 if you want to have pizza that night. Drinks are BYO. I’ll bring a few extra beers for anyone that wants to do a beer swap. It’s a great way to discover something new to drink.

See everyone Monday.