addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Chicago Data Visualization Group Message Board › Data-Vis MeetUp Tomorrow - Plyr Workshop

Data-Vis MeetUp Tomorrow - Plyr Workshop

Gabriel G.
user 31189042
Chicago, IL
Hello everyone!

The day approaches and I've just finished prepping the code, data, and slides we'll use.

You will see that the the meetup will mostly focus on the split-apply-recombine strategy, although the data-munging will be done in service of visualizations, very much building on the work we've been doing in ggplot2.

I recommend that everyone download and install RStudio on their machines -- as this is the R development environment that I've found most useful and that I will be using in class.

Before class, it would be ideal if people took the time to install plyr and stringr.  This can be done by running the following command in R:

install.packages(plyr, ggplot2, stringr)

The code and data for the class is available on my dropbox, here.

See you all tomorrow!

Gabe