The Chicago Latino Atheists Meetup Group Message Board › xmas bombardment

xmas bombardment

Frank S.
user 62138952
Chicago, IL
Post #: 1
Here we go, the end of the year is upon us and we will be bombarded by merry xmas everywhere. A lot of people get upset if you don't return their christmas wishes. Let's get our diplomacy into top gear.

I would like to hear from you people, how do you handle it? Fake it, ignore it, wish them well, or anger?
Miguel A
Miguel_A.
Chicago, IL
Post #: 1,233
I usually answer the generic and all encompassing "happy holidays".
the m.
user 12894093
Chicago, IL
Post #: 132
This year we have a special option: Happy Apocalypse!
http://www.meetup.com...­

A cheerful, but firm "Happy Hanukkah!" in response could make people realize that not everyone is Christian or a practitioner of Christmas traditions. Do you think it would be too taboo for most Christians to be angry about Hanukkah?
vicki e.
VickiElberfeld
Park Ridge, IL
Post #: 111
I return their wishes whatever they are celebrating because I do hope they have a happy whatever...
Happy Festivus (for the rest of us) also works for me.
Frank S.
user 62138952
Chicago, IL
Post #: 2
I enjoyed reading the responses. There is nothing wrong wishing someone happiness during this season. After trying several religions, I came to a profound realization that changed and eliminated my beliefs in religion. This will be my first merry season without a god torturing me. I would like to wish you all a happy and enjoyable solstice!

I probably will use a "happy festivus" or "I wish you a happy season, tool"

Frank