The Chicago Renaissance Dance Meetup Group Message Board The Chicago Renaissance Dance Meetup Group Discussion Forum › Come out Come out wherever you are!

Come out Come out wherever you are!

Leila
user 5480640
Chicago, IL
Post #: 9
Hello,

I just came from another Tuesday practice and I want to know...
Where are all the people at?
What is keeping you from coming out?

There are some 70+ people listed on the meetup site. I know you have to register to find out the meetup location, but why aren't you coming? Is it location? Let us know. Is it the "what if they are a bunch of weird people"question.(We're not that terribly strange). I know it took me a month after joining the meetup group to actually come out, but once I came I got hooked.

The people are friendly.
The dancing is good exercise.(We break whenever we need to and take turns dancing)
It's like square dancing to classical music sometimes.
The dancing is period.
We do dances for 3+ people. So you don't need to bring a partner.
We have more people show up than RSVP all the time. Don't believe the meetup numbers.
We don't dress up for practice. I personally prefer skirts but I've worn jeans plenty of times.
Our ages range from teens and go up. I am 35 but I have the spirit of a 18 yr old going on 60.
I come from the west side near Oak Park. I bring my sister from 87th and Racine. I take people home who live as far north as Diversey and I'm willing to drop people off.

What do I need to do to convince you to come out and have fun with us?

Leila