addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Clapham Writers' Group Message Board › Future meetings

Future meetings

A former member
Post #: 39
What happened to you all?

let me know if any of you are in any way interested in attending future meetings, or just want to exist as 'virtual' inactive members. In my experience, the more you put into a group, the more you'll get out of it. The BAC has a bar which serves a nice array of cakes and drinks and the staff there can switch off the music too, should we choose to use that space. There is also a 'friends' room which has chairs and tables.
We could do any of the following:
A: Read out and discuss short sections of writing each one of us has done during thye week
B: Read though an authors work and discuss
C: do some writing exercises from set books on creative writing.

It's up to YOU what you want to do during these writing group meetings. I have attended creative writing wokshops on MeeetUp before and many of these seem to be run like writing classes with one facilitator working like a tutor, running through set text books and charging at least £10 per session.

This is not what I had in mind. What I am thinking is something more organic and exploratory, worked out by this groups members and those who turn up. Your feedback would be appreciated.