John W.
user 13256333
Group Organizer
Minneapolis, MN
Greetings All,
We look to have our highest turnout in club history for "Jane Eyre" next week. For those members coming to that discussion and also the March meeting, I have a great offer. I have two extra copies of "Uncle Tom's Cabin" that I bought at Half Price Books at clearance prices. I'll sell these at the $3.00 cost to whomever wants them. I travel around the metro frequently, and I often stop at nearby Half Price stores to peruse their clearance sections. It's hit or miss, but I come up with great buys often enough to make it worth my while. As an example, I recently found a brand-new copy of "Anna Karenina" (newest and best translation) for $3.00 - an absolute steal!

We should have a great discussion for "Jane Eyre": lots of topics to chew over, and a lot of readers there to express their ideas. I very much liked the book, and I especially liked Jane. If she could come off the pages into real flesh and blood - and if Minnesota legalized polygamy - I would marry her.

I've prepared discussion questions for us to ponder, and of course other members are welcome to ask questions as well. Some topics we'll discuss are romantic relationships, gender roles, feminism, how the book speaks to us today, etc. Perhaps our discussion will shed light on the great question that has baffled Sigmund Freud and all other men since time out of mind: what do women want?

I'll see you all next week (and a few of you this Thursday for "Eichmann" in Room I at the Brookdale library).

John (Organizer)