The Clayton Hiking Meetup Group Message Board › Nuese River Trip

Nuese River Trip

Kurt B.
user 8478588
Group Organizer
Clayton, NC
Hi All,

To those of you who are signed up for or plan on signing up for the upcoming canoe trip, the only option we have for this weekend is to rent canoes from Neuse Adventures.  They have canoes available for 60 dollars which can be split by both parties, (30 each).  The trip is about 3 hours.

In a few weeks, I will be able to use the Nuese River Foundation canoes for free, but they are being used for an event this weekend already.  And if we use them, we can choose the area and length of the trip we want to take.

Also in a few weeks, group member Casey has informed me that we can rent Howell Wood's canoes for 15 dollars apiece.  The area we would be able to travel with this option is by far, in my opinion, the most pristine and beautiful part of the Neuse in this area.

I am still nursing an injury that I hope to recover from soon.  I can make this trip if we decide we want to do this as a group, but would prefer to wait until fully recovered if possible.

I will leave it up to those planning on attending to decide.  Please respond as to what you would like to do and I will follow the needs of the group.

Personally the cheaper options make more sense to me, but would require rescheduling this trip to a later date.  It gives us more flexiblity in time and places as well.   But for those who are set on this weekend, just let me know as I will do what I can to fulfill this option, but it will be through Neuse Adventures.   Best wishes,  I will monitor your responses and advise the group as a whole when I have heard from a majority.

Kurt