SORRY ABOUT THE LAST EMAIL HAVING THE WRONG DATE!
Announcing a new Meetup for The Columbus Ohio Game Development Meetup Group!
What: Columbus Game Dev September Meet and Greet!
When: September 10,[masked]:00 PM
Espresso Yourself Music Cafe
50 W Olentangy Street
Powell, OH 43065
This will be our first official meetup as a group, so I thought it would be great to meet up and just get to know each other and what kind of game development projects we're all working on or interested in working on or learning about.
We can talk about the Cornhole All-Stars launch party too as we watch how they market their iPhone game and see how well it does.
If the introductions go quickly we can talk about any of these topics depending on everyone's interest:
- Developing games in Flash, iPhone, XBLA
- techniques for making games, in terms of either programming or art styles
- what kinds of console/computer games we're playing, what we like and don't like about them and how we would improve them
- how to get into the gaming industry
- what kinds of opportunities there are for indie game devs
- the business side of game development, like marketing, starting up a business
- analysis of game design philosophy: game mechanics, prototyping, "what is fun?", etc.
- post mortems on past projects
If you want to bring your laptop to show off your game idea or project, feel free!
Espresso Yourself cafe is easy to get to in Powell. Just north on 315 past 270, left on Powell Rd and it's the old church on the right a couple miles down. Parking is right out front or just down the street before the tracks. It's a great place with wifi, local artwork, coffee and sandwiches and they also do open mic nights.http://www.espressoyourselfmusiccafe.com
Mark your calendar and bring a friend. Let's grow the game development scene right here in Columbus!
Learn more here:http://www.meetup.com/The-Columbus-Ohio-Game-Development-Meetup-Group/calendar/11104385/