The Central Ohio Gamedev Group Message Board › Official Job Offer and Job Search Thread

Official Job Offer and Job Search Thread

Todd B.
ToddBarchok
Westerville, OH
Post #: 33
Are you (or a company) looking to hire game developer talent? Are you looking for people to collaborate with on your next big project? Do you need programming/graphics/music/sound help?

Or, are you a programmer, artist, musician, or designer looking for work somewhere?

To make it easy, here's some handy templates to use.

Offering Work
Looking for:
Contact Method:
Description:

Seeking Work
Looking for:
Contact Method:
Description:
Kyle B.
user 50799212
Columbus, OH
Post #: 2
Todd, I'd highly suggest making this section of the website into a forum if at all possible. Job Offer/Search seems like a good section to have for this site, while General Discussion, Ohio Companies, and Current Projects should probably be considered. I've managed a fair share of forums in my time, and I'd have no problem setting one up or helping admin one on here if you wanted me to.

Job Offer/Search would do exactly what you're trying to do with these templates, but put them in a specific place instead of somewhere in a list of messages. General Discussion is basically a replacement for whatever you call this discussion board. Ohio Companies would be perfect for people who want to show what their company has done, or intends on doing. Current Projects would be perfect for advertising new games before or after they've been released. At least on here, it would reach an audience as big as the COGG, and for free. Hard to come by free advertising, and word-of-mouth only goes so far.
Seth P.
user 21303871
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
I agree with Kyle, it would be cool to have an official forum (or IRC!) for the group. To get things started though:

Offering Work
Looking for: Pixel artist, Animator, OO Java Developer, Composer
Contact Method: detourgames@gmail.com
Description: Right now Detour Games has people in Columbus, Ohio and Raleigh, NC. We are looking for artists, musicians, and programmers to help us with mobile games. You can find out more about our current projects at http://www.Detour-Gam...­.
Todd B.
ToddBarchok
Westerville, OH
Post #: 35
Kyle, those are good points. To avoid clogging up this thread with discussion, I've replied here: http://www.meetup.com...­
A former member
Post #: 24
IndiePub is looking to hire but it's down here in Cincinnati

http://www.indiepubga...­
Alexander K.
user 58382882
Sandusky, OH
Post #: 1
Seeking work
Looking for: Programming.
Contact Method: AlexanderKraus03@gmail.com
Description: I'm nearly done with college, but I would list to start out in the game industry with an intern job, if one is available. I have worked primarily in C# and C++, but I have years of experience in programming that picking up another language should be easy for me. I have worked on several video games in my college career with games made in Flash and C#/XNA.
Steve C.
ColumbusSteve
Powell, OH
Post #: 40
Alexander,

Do you have a portfolio of game projects you've worked on online somewhere? I'm curious to see and it would help other employers to know what you're capable of.

Steve
Alexander K.
user 58382882
Sandusky, OH
Post #: 2
Hello Steve,

Yes I do have a portfolio of the games I made online. The portfolios were made using tools from my college so they require sending them via email. However, I spend a great deal of time documenting my code in the projects, so they should explain every statement well.
Steve C.
ColumbusSteve
Powell, OH
Post #: 41
You really should have some kind of website that someone can just look at real quick. Screenshots with descriptions at the very least, maybe some download links if possible. Even just a tumblr page.
Todd B.
ToddBarchok
Westerville, OH
Post #: 36
I agree with Steve. Even if it's just a page with some screenshots and descriptions of the games, with an "contact me for the games themselves" bit of text, having a bit of a portfolio on the web goes a long way towards showing off what you can do.