The Central Ohio Gamedev Group Message Board › Official Job Offer and Job Search Thread

Official Job Offer and Job Search Thread

Alexander K.
user 58382882
Sandusky, OH
Post #: 3
Thanks for the advice. I do have a blog that I could try uploading screenshots too. It might take me awhile (and some trail and error) but I'll get that up as soon as possible. Thank you!

Update: I made some screenshots of the games I made in C#/XNA and ActionScript/Flash, then posted it to my blog. Its still a work in progress and I might have a few more ActionScript/Flash games to add to the list, but its a start.

Alexander's eportfolio: http://game-scientist...­
Chris P.
cparki3
Columbus, OH
Post #: 5
Hey Guys,

It's not exactly game work but its pretty close most of the time. Roto is seeking an Actionscript Developer to work on touch screen installations for museums. I've done a lot of freelance for them, but they are seeking a full time dev.

If you're interested, you can shoot your info over to them here:

http://www.roto.com/c...­

If you need more detail about the type of freelance I completed for them, feel free to ask!
A former member
Post #: 3
Offering Work: Simple to advanced Android mobile game development.
Looking for: Individuals or groups who can help us with our proof of concept model.
Contact Method: 419-296-0298 Tucker@whoooze.com
Description: We have created a back end system that allows us to offer local real rewards to users for in game achievement. Users will unlock rewards for completing levels and achieving in game objectives. The rewards that the users are playing for are determined by their location at the time of playing. We need some simple to advanced mobile games to use in our proof of concept. Even simple games such as Asteroids or Snake could be useful. We can use them to show the value of interacting with digital content in a fun non intrusive mannor, earning, unlocking, sharing and saving local real rewards. If you can program simple mobile games then I want to meet with you.
Mark G.
user 7470249
Dublin, OH
Post #: 6
Offering Work
Looking for: Game Developer
Contact Method: Send email to "dev@mobilexpeditions.com"

Description:
We are looking to develop a simple game in the next four weeks for a client project. The game will be played on a large monitor in a shared space hooked up to a mac mini or pc. Multiple players will have hand controllers (think Jeopardy) each mapped to a key. The mechanics of the game are still being developed, but one version is a maze with a basic physics engine. The players would need to cooperate in navigating obstacles to win the game. Specific delivery platform isn't critical, although MacOS would be preferred.

If interested, please send information about yourself and links to published projects to: dev@mobilexpeditions.com

Thanks!

- Mark
Eric N.
user 51444062
Bellbrook, OH
Post #: 1
Offering Work
Looking for: Composer
Contact Method: newlandej (at) yahoo (dot) com
Description:
Looking for either a composer in this group or a referral, if anyone knows someone who might be a good fit. This is for my upcoming game Jumping Spider. The actual hire would be contingent on my upcoming Kickstarter campaign being successful (likely as a stretch goal that would include the composer's fee). I'm hoping they would be willing to allow me to use a sample clip in the Kickstarter video free of charge (naturally they would be duly credited on the KS page and their portfolio would be prominently linked). The campaign itself is slated to launch by November 14th.

The game's music will probably be fairly eclectic, ranging anywhere from tribal rhythms to rock to techno to classical, all with an ironic, cartoony flair but not entirely devoid of badass. If you know exactly what I'm talking about you might be just the musician I'm looking for.
Kris S.
user 5790941
Columbus, OH
Offering Work
Looking for: Brandable/skinnable mobile game
Contact Method: kschultz@resource.com
Description:
If you have a game that can be branded/skinned in two months or less I may have an opportunity for you. I'd be happy to provide more details via email.
A former member
Post #: 2
Seeking Work
Looking for: Sound Design/Audio
Contact Method: johnson.stephen92@gmail.com
Description: I'm a student at Cedarville University looking for sound design work. I am trying to find any way to break into game sound. I am also looking for an internship for this upcoming summer. Here is a link to my portfolio: http://johnsonstephen...­. I would appreciate any leads! Thank you very much.
Ryan B.
user 137792442
Columbus, OH
Seeking Work
Looking for: Game developer seeking artist
Contact Method: Ryanab2222@gmail.com, this Message board
Hello everyone, I am going part time in The Art Institutes of Pittsburgh Online Division for game art and design. I have two more years left for my bachelors. I have been working with 3DS Max, Mudbox, Maya, Adobe Flash Professional, Photoshop, and the rest of the Adobe CS5 suite. I am rather comfortable in 3DS Max. I have just started a Tumblr page http://rendering-by-r...­. Let me know if you need more information.
Scott
Allusion
Westerville, OH
Post #: 54
Hi Guys,

I thought I would add to this thread the jobs that were discussed in the last meeting.

• Pete announced that Tolles technical school is looking for teachers to teach programming, specifically Javascript. Full time with benefits. They will also assist in getting an Ohio teaching license, which is a huge help. For more information, please contact Pete:
    pcarswel@cscc.edu

• Henry Bawden announced that Columbus State is looking for teaching assistants and staff for help with their game design and 3D art programs. If you are interested, please contact him:
    hbawden@cscc.edu

• Wesley Adams announced that a development company is looking for a Unity programmer for help building an online interactive photo gallery. For details please contact Matt Davis. Here are the details:
    Java Script/C# Programmer Needed for Unity 3d Project.
    - DATE: ASAP
    - POSITION TITLE: Project Programmer
    - QUALIFICATIONS: Java Script/C# Skills, Creative Solutions
    - PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: Flexible, driven, works independently
    - JOB SUMMARY: Programming and documenting features for a photo gallery unity 3d project.
    - BILLING: based on prototype revisions
    - MAJOR DUTIES: Programming, troubleshooting, estimating prototype , reporting to the project manager once or more a week.
    - SEND RESUME IF INTERESTED TO: dvgproductions@gmail.com­
    - SAMPLE LINK: http://custommemories...­

Wesley A.
COGG-Admin
Group Organizer
Columbus, OH
Post #: 9
More opportunities for programmers who use Unity:
If you are interested, please see below:

1. Company name: S88 - Immediate full time position building apps for games and e-books:
The position itself will be coding solely, not designing. The apps being made however are all games or ebooks. we are not doing anything but "art" games. The position requires a strong knowledge in unity, general coding. and someone who can also add ideas, and take a leadership role.
Reach out to Scott Ulliman <scottulliman@gmail.com>

2. Internship position with veteran game developer:
Ideally I would love someone in Washington Courthouse or who could come here. There would be some pay. Looking for someone that has some code experience or Unity3d experience. Or another possibility is someone that has experience to work part time.
E-mail directly: Sam Gebhardt <samgebhardt@gmail.com>

If you have any questions about these positions you can also e-mail me at wadams@wescg.net. I'm just the messenger but am happy to help get you connected too.

Thanks!
-Wes