The Colorado Bernese Mountain Dog Meetup Group Message Board › Denver Area Vets

Denver Area Vets

Justin E.
user 142042592
Littleton, CO
Post #: 1
Hello Everyone.

I am new to the group and will be a first time Bernese owner starting May 3rd. Does anyone have any Denver area vet recommendations? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Kristen C.
user 20107731
Littleton, CO
Post #: 3
Hi Justin! We go to Deer Creek Animal Hospital, which is in Littleton - C470 and Kipling. Dr. Brod is fabulous and I would highly recommend him if you're willing to come down south.
Philip S.
user 12048263
Denver, CO
Post #: 7
Here is a map of 24 hr vet hospitals in Colorado. It's a good idea to know where your closest one is. 24 hr vets
Justin E.
user 142042592
Littleton, CO
Post #: 2
Thanks Kristen and Phillip, much appreciated!
user 12934526
Littleton, CO
Post #: 73
Deer Creek animal Hospital is a good clinic. We have taken our dogs there many times for after hours and holiday emergency visits. Lord knows we have had plenty of those types of visits... Our regular veterinary clinic is Annie's animal clinic. Here is the link to Annie"s Animal clinic web site http://www.anniesanim...­ . It is located at Broadway and Highlands Ranch Parkway in the plaza on the south West corners by Michaels. We have found Annie's to be very well priced and the owner, Annie, has cried with us when we put our dogs down and laughed with us when getting new puppies. We go there just because of her. Good luck in your search.
Bill R.
Denver, CO
Post #: 12
Hi Justin. Congrats on bringing home your Berner! Bauer is a great name.

I was referred to VCA Alameda East Veterinary Hospital and I have been there several times for our puppy (Ogden) checkups. He's currently 10 months old, so we haven't had extensive/ongoing care, but we see Dr. Stacey Daley and she is great! She is very familiar with large breeds as I believe she has a Mastiff herself, and her genuine concern and instruction so far are very comforting.

The campus is not only a vet clinic, but a 24 hour emergency care center as well. And while we haven't utilized their grooming or boarding services at their onsite "Animal Lodge", they do offer them as well.

It wasn't the closest vet location to our home, but I believe it has been worth it so far.