The Colorado Springs Anime Meetup Group Message Board › Viewings/Ideas

Viewings/Ideas

Laura B.
user 8331805
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 6
To start with I am bad to explain things, but I want to see what people have in mind. I want to do something different for maybe a viewing or some kind of get together. Nothing specifically in mind, but just want to see what can come up! I do enjoy our month viewings!

Maybe I'm thinking of food wise other than like our parties or maybe just do something else, I'm sure everybody enjoys the games and karaoke. I don't mean like lots of money costing wise either.

Any ideas?
Lester
Dreadmyst
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 66
One idea i had and iv already ran this by ronnie is getting a Paypal account set up and starting a group donation fund going so once we get enough money saved up we can do things and help out with those who cant really afford to do some activities since almost everything costs a little bit.

But something we could maybe start is a monthly RP at a local park or at some ones house. Pick an anime and RP as characters from that anime.
Laura B.
user 8331805
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 7
That sounds like a good idea for making money wise!

I was hoping for ideas for the viewing but I suppose that would work too :P That way we can actually go places then!

I just want to get out of the same old same old routine since I'm ALREADY doing that at work :P
Jacqueline
user 14264583
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 2
Like a movie or board game night?
Laura B.
user 8331805
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 8
That would be fun!! Long as everybody won't be board, I'd love that!!
Lester
Dreadmyst
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 67
theres one idea that i have came up with that can go along with board games. its not really a board game but rather tabletop RPG. Ronnie and I are Game Masters for Pathfinder and we could starting doing a campaign for people who are interested if Ronnie is ok with that.
Laura B.
user 8331805
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 9
I'm not so sure on that part, but I'm sure other people in the group would enjoy it! I tried DND one time and it was complicated enough already :P
Neale D.
user 14593584
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 1
I wouldn't recommend Pathfinder or D&D to an anime-fan that's just looking into gaming. They're both pretty rules-heavy systems that pretty much require an ongoing group to 'ease someone in' at this point. That said, there ARE some legacy RPGs out there that are simpler to get into and are more geared to an 'anime' feel.

Personally, I favor the Interlock system as used in Mekton and other games from R Talsorian, but mileage varies on that one, and it's hard to get a copy of currently. If you're interested in look at what's out there, browse through www.rpgnow.com and see what suits your fancy.
Lester
Dreadmyst
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 68
true if we was do a path finder campaign there would be 3 core people that play every meeting. Myself, Ronnie, and Nikki and probably some of the gamers where it would be hosted at.
Laura B.
user 8331805
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 10
I think we got side track now :P Much as making some money would be nice to go out and such, but the whole point is about figuring out new things to do on the viewings!!