Columbia Atheists Message Board › New Meetup: Big Meetup Picnic! Everyone is Welcome!

New Meetup: Big Meetup Picnic! Everyone is Welcome!

Greg L.
user 8659573
Group Organizer
Columbia, MO
Announcing a new Meetup for Columbia Atheists!

What: Big Meetup Picnic! Everyone is Welcome!
When: Sunday, May 22, 2011 2:00 PM

Where: Cosmo Park - Harris Shelter
1615 Bus Loop 70 W
Columbia, MO 65202

Why: “School is out and summer is here! Let's have some games in the park!” This will be a great chance to meet people from other meetup groups.

A meetup groups picnic organized by Abbie of Coffee and Games and More. Here is the writeup from that group's page:

"Join us for a picnic on May 22!

This has been cross-posted on other local Meetup groups because EVERYONE is invited to our Meetup picnic in the park! There is some overlap with the membership of the Meetup groups, so you're likely to know several people in attendance even if you've only been to one or two Meetup events. Invite your friends & family too!

Location: Cosmo Park is a large park in northwest Columbia (map link: http://bit.ly/h341Fc­) and we have reserved the Harris Shelter (labelled #5 on this park map: http://bit.ly/h341Fc­).

Food & Drink: We will be grilling! Please bring food and drink to share. Alcohol is permitted. Vegetarian options will be available. If you'd like to be in charge of the grill or if you'd like to contribute plates/napkins/flatware, please let me know!

Games: We should have lawn games (croquet, washers, volleyball, etc.) available, but you can also bring table/party games for those who prefer them. Radios or other music would also be great!

Dogs must stay on-leash unless inside the Cosmo Park off-leash dog area (it's located near the skatepark, I think- check the park map linked above).

This has been posted to several local Meetup groups, but please RSVP just once!

If you have questions or concerns or if you have something you'd like to contribute, please contact me (Abbie)."

Check it out!