align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Columbia Atheists Message Board › Recovering Religionists

Recovering Religionists

LarryD
user 10314389
Columbia, MO
Post #: 5
First

A number of you were able to attend the presentation by Dr. Darrel Ray on The God Virus. Those of you who weren't, well... you missed a really good talk! I have all but the first few minutes of the presentation recorded and available for download. Be warned, it's over two hours long and a little more than 1.5 GB in size! If you'd like to download the video, please give me a yell and I"ll give you the link. Because it is so large I'm not posting the link for fear that all of my available bandwidth will get munched.

Second

Dr. Ray is also the founder of Recovering From Religion™ and he seeks people at his talks to start local chapters of the Recovering Religionists as meetup groups. I have decided to take up this task and have just setup the meetup group. Please visit http://www.meetup.com...­ and check it out for more information. I'd love to have feedback on what you think of the setup. Meetup is supposed to spam everyone remotely interested in the area in just a few days, so I'd like to fix any problems before then.

Of course, you are also invited to join the meetup group if you are so inclined. The group is NOT intended to just be another branch of the Columbia Atheists group. This new group is there to provide support for others as they seek to transition from religious to non-religious.

Third

Meetup isn't free... they charge $12 per month when you purchase 6 months at a time. If you'd like to contribute to help offset the fees of the Recovering From Religion meetup group, please contact me. You might also toss Gregg a couple bucks, as I believe he is currently footing the entire bill for the Columbia Atheists meetup site.