Columbia Atheists Message Board › Skepticon III

Skepticon III

Matt P.
user 8899886
Columbia, MO
Post #: 38
Missouri Sketpicon 3 needs financial donors. I hope my friends out there will do their best to help this cause.
They are bringing in some great speakers this year. Dan Barker, Richard Carrier, John Corvino, David Fitzgerald, Debbie Goddard, D. J. Grothe, Amanda Marcotte, PZ Myers, Joe Nickell, James (the amazing) Randi, Brother Sam Singleton, Victor Stenger and Rebecca Watson.
This is a free conference and even if you do not plan to attend I hope you can see how bringing such great speakers to Missouri helps our cause of rational thought and open discussion.
You don’t have to give a lot but anything will help!
Go to http://skepticon.org/...­ and look for the donate button in the bottom right. The site seems to be having some problems as I type this. See how much they need a the money for the cause. Lol
Also, received $40.00 tonight for Skepticon and will be contributing another $20.00 myself when I get paid next week. Would do more but I am really, really poor.

Carla B.
tekvet
Columbia, MO
Post #: 35
The official hotel is University Plaza. Rooms are $79 per night if you mention Skepticon. The online reservation form showed all the rooms as booked but I had no problem making a reservation by phone. Note: this is the hotel where the speakers will be.
Steven G.
Steven1337
Springfield, MO
Post #: 26
Hi Matt,

Thanks for pimping Skepticon III!

My name is Steven and I'm the web director for Skepticon III, as well as an organizer of the Springfield Freethinkers. I figured I would drop in and say 'Hi' to everyone.

We're down to our last 100 seats available for Skepticon III, so make sure to get registered today! We are working on getting a new, larger, venue but that takes money. We will be having a fundraiser calendar coming out soon with some risque skeptics from around the world, so be sure to check that out!

I hope to see you all in November,

-Steven