addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Columbia Atheists Message Board › Trivia Night at the Tin Can for the Godless Ones - Win Money

Trivia Night at the Tin Can for the Godless Ones - Win Money

A former member
Post #: 6
Hi,
Somebody not be named (not Yaweh) dropped the ball on this one - so I am going to give it a try: Trivia Night at the Tin Can for the godless ones on Tuesday, August 10th. There was some interest expressed for this activity at last Wednesday's meeting.
I am going to show-up for Trivia Night on Tuesday, at the Tin Can bar in downtown Cola at 220 S. 8th Street (http://tincantavern.c...­. The website doesn't post the exact time that trivia starts (for good a good marketing reason) but I will try to call to find-out the time and post it in a follow-up e-mail. I assume the starting time is either 7 or 8 p.m. As a further incentive, first place, I believe, earns $100 cash (not in the beer equivalent). In the spirit of Christian fellowship, I propose any winnings be split evenly by anybody who shows-up.
I would appreciate RSVPs if anybody else plans on showing up so I won't feel so lonely about going. Deep thought into the name of the team would also be appreciated. I like The Godless Ones for a start, but I am sure more cynical (first priority) and creative (second priority) names can be thought-up.

Andy
A former member
Post #: 20
Andy,
I'll be there. Please let me know when it starts.
Carla B.
tekvet
Columbia, MO
Post #: 36
I'll give it a try.
A former member
Post #: 7
Darn,
I was hoping to keep all the money for myself. I must always look at the bright side of life (as Monty Python says), I must always look at the bright side of life - at least, this way, we have more chance of winning.
Thanks to Dirk Quigby's Guide to the Afterlife, I am now equipped with lots of trivia about different religion's heavens and hells.
I called - and trivia starts around 8 on Tuesdays.

Andy
Carla B.
tekvet
Columbia, MO
Post #: 37
Yay! One category of trivia covered!

Should we all aim to meet there at 7:30 so we can get our drinks and munchies sorted beforehand?
A former member
Post #: 8
The Godless Heathens of Hell won third place with only two people - against teams of mostly six!

We especially need somebody who knows popular American TV and movie trivia - and sports would also be a plus.
Carla B.
tekvet
Columbia, MO
Post #: 38
Matt. Make it official please. :)
A former member
Post #: 9
Trivia Night on Tuesdays at the Tin Can actually starts around 9:30 on Tuesdays (yep, pretty late for working folks, but not for us unemployed) - parenthetically, Trivia Night on Sundays starts at 8 p.m., but so far, we have no plans for meeting on Sundays - I will be there this Tuesday, August 24th, around 8:45 so that we can get a table - the more people show up around then, the better, because of the chair situation - if I obtain some RSVPs, I can probably reserve more chairs - so far, I am counting on Mitchell, Carla, and me - and I will try to reserve one extra chair.

Andy
A former member
Post #: 13
The Godless Heathen somebody ... Boiled Something, etc. Atheist team took 3rd place for a second time in a row. For those of you who left early, Mitchell has your money.
A former member
Post #: 15
Meeting again - gotta win that first prize, spread the spirit of atheism, and spread the cold, hard reality of capitalism by winning money - this Tuesday, August 31st for Trivia Night. Check each week, if you are interested, to see if we are meeting. Matt is posting the trivia nights as official Meet-Ups also.

Andy