align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The DC High Dynamic Rangers Message Board › New Meetup: National Building Museum

New Meetup: National Building Museum

Tom F.
tfinzel
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Announcing a new Meetup for The DC High Dynamic Rangers!

What: HDR Photography at The National Building Museum
When: Saturday, July 30, 2011 10:00 AM

Where: National Building Museum
401 F St NW
Washington, DC 20001
202 272 2448

Note from Karen: My husband and I went to the National Building Museum a few years ago and took pictures. There are a lot of good opportunities there for some HDR work and I think they will allow tripods (but we need to check this before we go).

Note from Organizer: Checked the website and here is what they say about photography:

"We understand the importance of taking home memories of your visit, but we ask that you only take photographs in the Great Hall. Please do not photograph objects in the galleries. Flash photography is very damaging to artifacts. A flash will fade dyes and colors, weaken organic materials and cause them to become brittle, and will yellow varnishes. Also, objects that you see may be on loan to the Museum. Lenders loan us these objects with the stipulation that their objects are not photographed. Postcards, books and images of our collection are available in the Museum Shop."

Check it out!